21 Hair And Skincare Products Parents Swear By With Impressive Before-And-After Photos
"I’m ordering some more as soon as I finish typing this."
We hope you love the products we recommend! All of them were independently selected by our editors. Just so you know, BuzzFeed may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page if you decide to shop from them. Oh, and FYI — prices are accurate and items in stock as of time of publication.
1. A coconut and shea butter conditioning detangler with 10,000 5-star reviews (!!!) raving that it's the BEST STUFF ON THE PLANET. Just a few spritzes will combat hair woes — from making knots vanish after a swim to taming frizz when humidity is *through the roof*.
2. A cradle cap comb that'll remove dry skin from your bubba's scalp ~oh so gently~ using soft rubber bristles and a fine-toothed comb.
3. Hydrocolloid acne-absorbing dots to suck out all the yucky stuff and become your secret weapon to help your teen (or you) battle occasional breakouts or hormonal cystic acne.
4. Cult status Bio-Oil made with vitamins A and E, chamomile, and lavender that works wonders to help fade both scars and stretch marks. Parent reviewers have used it to reduce old and new scars on their kiddos (including scars from their own childhood!).
5. A Zombie Pack for any parent on days when you feel like one but don't want to look like one. This lifting, pore-tightening mask works intensely to rejuvenate your skin and give you a "just came out of the spa" glow.
Promising review: "I’ll be honest. I don’t write reviews very often. Today was especially a hard day working from home, not sleeping last night, an 18-month-old and a 3-year-old. I was feeling beat! My skin was sure showing the stress. I had LOW expectations — no way this could make me feel better but I decided to treat myself at least a little. Well, was I in for a BIG surprise! I was FaceTiming my mom, also my BFF, during the tightening. I sure was scared, we both thought this would be perfect for a Halloween night! LOL! But as soon as I rinsed it off...WOW! My mom was asking all about it! She will try it too! LOL! I will surely continue using it! Please leave this awesome product at this awesome price! Greatly appreciated by tired mommies like me!! Gracias!!" —TAYD3
Get a set of eight masks from Amazon for $22.80+ (available in three varieties).
6. A bug bite suction tool (invented by a mom) that's worth the Shark Tank hype. This ingenious device sucks out all kinds of bug bites, instantly relieving itching and swelling, so your kids aren't left trying to scratch their skin off.
7. A sunburn soother if — despite your best efforts — the whole fam gets burned after a fun day in the sun. It's made with aloe vera and coconut oil to gently alleviate pain, redness, and swelling.
9. A Revlon hot-air brush because it takes a gazillion hours to blow-dry and style your and your child's hair every morning. This tool will deliver a sleek, salon-quality blowout in *half the time* and miraculously get you out the door.
10. A detangling brush that'll glide through knots to turn your kiddo's daily hair-brushing ordeal into a painless experience without *ouchies or tears* (for both of you). Just trust the 40,000+ people who gave it a 5-star review.
11. A USDA-certified organic baby healing balm made with chamomile, cocoa butter, coconut oil, calendula and avocado oil that reviewers say will alleviate eczema, acne, cradle cap, rashes, and more. No joke, it's a multipurpose miracle worker!
12. Cerave fragrance-free cream that'll drench sensitive or eczema-prone skin with the moisture it needs without causing any irritation. It has a heck of a lot of *glowing* reviews for a reason.
13. Lavinso Foot Exfoliation peeling masks if your teenager or older kids suffer from dry, cracked feet with calluses. These will slough off all the dead skin, leaving their feet feeling as soft as a baby's bottom.
14. A leave-in conditioning spray for curly hair so your little one's curls are restored to their former glory once more! It's also free from any toxic stuff including parabens, sulfates, and phthalates.
15. A tub of brightening, firming eye cream to help banish dark circles and puffiness and help you look ~so well-rested~ that you might (...might) forget you were up until 4 a.m with a teething toddler.
Promising review: "I’m a working mom of two toddlers and 34 years old, I get maybe 5.5 hrs of sleep a night (on a good day), and I always have puffy eyes and this has been a life changer. I noticed an almost immediate noticeable change around my eyes since using this eye cream. I was looking for a more affordable eye cream and found this highly rated one and decided to try it!!! A little of this goes a long way. I also use it on my fine lines and my neck." —Sara Nich
Get it from Amazon for $29.99.
16. And a set of gold collagen masks to wear when you're beyond exhausted but stayed up late anyway watching Money Heist after your kids went to bed just to have some "me" time.
17. Nizoral Anti-Dandruff Shampoo if you've almost given up after battling your child's flaking, scaling, and itching scalp. This shampoo (which contains 1% ketoconazole) works so effectively you'll wonder why it's so dang cheap.
18. An inexpensive Korean Beauty Vitamin C serum that's a total SkinCeuticals C E Ferulic dupe, and reviewers swear it's equally as effective at helping dull, tired skin look bright and refreshed.
Promising review: "I'm a 43-year-young wife, mom, disabled vet, and extremely tired woman. It's hard to spend a lot of time on face routines. I wasn't expecting what I got in this tiny bottle. WOW! My skin feels so soft, with a glow! My pores are tightened and I LOVE the fresh orange smell. It's hard to only use this two times a day. I am definitely going to order again!"—B ki 9
Get it from Amazon for $17.95.
19. A biotin shampoo infused with botanical extracts like B5, zinc, and argan and coconut oils that'll come to the rescue to promote hair growth if you're struggling with postpartum hair loss.
Promising review: "After having two kids my hair was definitely suffering. Within a couple weeks of using Biotin Shampoo the regrowth was visible! I’ve been a dedicated customer for two years since my first purchase." —megan
Promising review: "As a mom we never get to fully take care of ourselves and when we finally do we still spend it with the kids. But since my son my hair has been thinning at an extreme speed and only made me more self-conscious and stressed. But I’m telling you after using this product the last month or so my hair has grown and the texture of my hair is stronger. Don’t sleep on this miracle shampoo; I can’t wait to order my next bottle when this runs out." —NicoleAnnSisavath
Get it from Amazon for $9.95.
20. A box of wart-removing pads that'll help get rid of pesky growths. Stick it on just like a bandage (meaning these will actually stay put on active kids) and BAM — warts gone!
Promising review: "This stuff WORKS!! My daughter had a wart on the bottom of her foot for almost a year. The doctor prescribed two different creams that both burned her skin around the wart and stung very bad. These little pads were perfect! They cushioned around the wart so she could run and jump and play without pain. They also were super sticky! I was so impressed! It also only took three applications and her wart was gone! I have been recommending this product to EVERYONE!" —Sheena Stevens
Promising review: "Worked wonders for my son. My son is young and scared of going to the doctor so I bought this for him to try out before making an appointment. These worked great for him. Since my son is young and VERY active I was afraid he wouldn't keep it on long during the day so I put one on him right before he went to bed. They are just like Band-Aids with a circle where the medication is. It was very easy to apply. Just peel and stick. I also used medical tape to hold it in place just in case my son moved a lot in his sleep. Then I had him wear socks while he had it on. In the morning we took it off just to see if it worked at all and it worked. It removed this 'huge black seed'–looking thing. My son said his toe didn't hurt anymore. On the second day I used another pad and it removed another black seed but this one was smaller. I used a total of four pads and his sore is gone. So glad we went with this product instead of taking him to a doctor." —Zachariah Knight
Get 14 pads from Amazon for $6.96.
21. A Briogeo deep conditioning hair mask made with algae extract, B-vitamins, biotin, plus rosehip and almond oils that'll breathe new life into your mane — turning it from straw to silk.
The reviews for this post have been edited for length and clarity.