27 Ridiculously Clever Storage Products For All Your Kids' Stuff
A faux wood stool, a unicorn beanbag cover, a macrame bow holder and more ingenious solutions that make de-cluttering (almost) fun.
We hope you love the products we recommend! All of them were independently selected by our editors. Just so you know, BuzzFeed may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page if you decide to shop from them. Oh, and FYI — prices are accurate and items in stock as of time of publication.
1. A nature-inspired tree trunk stool that looks so realistic no one will believe it's actually ~a storage bin in disguise~. Plus, it can hold kids or adults up to 220 lbs. Are you as *stumped* as I am by this clever invention?
Promising review: "I was very pleased with this stool. It actually looks very good in person, just like the picture. Goes great with my son's treehouse theme in the playroom. He and his older cousins use it for a table more than they do to sit on, because it does sit up pretty tall (and he's over 3 feet tall). It stores A LOT; right now we have several Melissa & Doug dress-up costumes in ours. It's also very sturdy as a stool, I can sit on it without issue. However, the way you put it together is with a plastic ring in the top that is easy to take out, so if you have a young one who likes to take things apart, like me, you'll be putting this back together frequently, which is annoying." —Olivia
Get it from Amazon for $29 (available in 15 styles).
2. A pack of wall hooks made with real tree branches to hang toys, hats, headbands...or practically anything up to 96 oz, really. Hello, woodland-themed playroom.
3. A double closet rod that'll let you hang your little one's clothes at eye level so they can independently dress themselves every morning — and actually like the outfit they're wearing (which is nothing short of a miracle, tbh).
4. A macrame hair accessory holder if your child owns more bows than JoJo Siwa. This will show off their collection while looking overwhelmingly adorable on a wall.
5. A roll keeper storage solution capable of holding 16 rolled-up shirts. It's especially great for any college student with a lot of t-shirts but not a lot of storage space in their dorm room.
The Roll Keeper is based in Kelso, Washington that specializes in simply storage solutions.
Promising review: "Great quality, perfect for my daughter’s dorm." —Deanna
6. A luxe padded ottoman that'll allow you to tuck toys away on the DL — and prevent your home from becoming a bright, primary-color-fueled eyesore.
Promising review: "So I had something like this in mind for the end of son's bed for storing extra toys. Similar products cost double the price so I was worried this would be cheap and flimsy. BUT, it so isn't! What a wonderful product. I'm super happy with it. The quality by far exceeded my expectations! Super easy to put together, I mean, all you have to do is unfold and put the bottom insert in. EASY PEASY! It adds such a nice feel to his room. I love that it doubles as a bench. My 4 and 6-year-old like to sit on it and watch TV. The fact that it opens up on both sides is really nice too. My son can easily find toys in there. But my favorite part about this is the fact that it looks so nice. For the price you can't beat it!"—Amazon Customer
Get it from Amazon for $34.98 (available in 11 colors and two sizes and fabrics).
7. A Learning Resources Create-a-Space Storage Center for coralling all those school or art supplies that always seem to go missing when you need them the most. It's smartly designed with eight *removable containers* making it easy for the kiddos to take individual bins — and put them back when done.
8. A water bottle organizer if you've ever had to swerve away from tumbling water bottles as soon as you open your kitchen cabinet. This rack allows you to stack water bottles and sippy cups and lay them flat for easy access.
Promising review: "I’m not sure I could be more excited about this shelf! My cabinet’s shelves are awkwardly tall and ~50 years old (solid wood, i.e. not adjustable). This rack perfectly utilizes the height of the top shelf and organizes our kid cups and blender bottles so well. Now, I can see and reach everything AND nothing comes tumbling out of the cabinet when I open the door." —Pirate Fan
Get it from Amazon for $19.99.
9. A unicorn beanbag cover to save you from D-R-O-W-N-I-N-G in a sea of stuffed animals. Now you can *sprinkle magic dust* (aka stash plushies inside) to make 'em disappear and create ~cute as can be seating~ for the kiddos.
Promising review: "We love the pink unicorn. We managed to fit 30+ medium sized stuffies and we still have room for more. It’s pretty comfortable but heavy when full. I do wish there were two handles instead of one, on the sides of it for easier and supportive lifting. Material itself is very soft and thick. I would recommend this to all the parents out there who are stressing over stuffed animal storage. I will be ordering more for birthday and Christmas gifts because this is a great product.."—Flautas
Get it from Amazon for $28.99 (available in 12 styles and two sizes).
10. A Crayola step stool with anti-slip grippy dots that'll not only give your munchkin a boost when they're going through the "I can do it all by myself" phase but also has a little storage cubby to stow away all their little treasures.
11. Custom vinyl labels with adorable graphics you can apply to your toy storage bins so you know exactly where dolls, cars, puzzles, and Legos go at cleanup time. No more *dumping* everything in the closest bin.
Willows and Rain is a small biz based in Drouin, Australia run by Belinda, a WAHM of three children and lover of all things organized and beautiful.
You can pick the fonts (22 options), wording and images for your labels from the photos and specify your choices in the the personalization box.
Promising review: "Labels were exactly as I expected. Easy to apply. Makes the space seem more organized (🙃 as much as it can with a toddler in the house)"—pianoheath09
12. A pack of ingenious no-spill paint cups so budding artists can create their next masterpiece without leaving messy splatters and spills on the table. The best part? The lids keep any leftover paint from drying out.
13. A bedside shelf perfect for kids' room or dorm room bunk beds to keep cell phones, water bottles etc. an arm's reach away! Actually, it's sooo ridiculously convenient you'll probably want one for yourself.
14. Sturdy and stretchy toy hammocks to corral their ever-growing collection of Squishmallows — while adding a dose of cuteness to a corner wall. No more stepping over a sea of stuffies on the floor.
15. A lap desk with storage perfect for kiddos who wanna do their homework/arts and crafts on the couch, recliner or in bed. Plus, the desk will keep all their supplies neatly tucked inside so you can finally reclaim the kitchen table.
16. An expandable tension shelf that'll instantly convert unused space in a closet into storage space for your little one's socks, underwear and other tchotchkes. Plus, it requires zero tools to install.
17. An incredibly perky *and* practical rainbow hanging pod designed with snappable straps that easily attach around a closet rod, doorknob, hook, crib, or bookshelf...to be of service anywhere you need a little extra organization.
Feeding Pickle is a small biz based in Delphos, Ohio founded by a mom whose mission is to keep creative pieces easily available and accessible in everyday life.
Promising review: "Purchased to hang on the outside of our crib to hold a couple of toys that we like to have handy. It's the perfect size and absolutely adorable! Thinking we will need another to hold her pacifiers..."—Jessica Stoppleworth
18. A bath toy organizer with 10,000 five-star reviews (!!!) that reviewers swear will actually stick to your wall, tidy your bathtub, and keep toys dry and within arm's reach. What more could you ask for?
Promising review: "Not only is there plenty of room for 6 rubber animals, complete foam alphabet and 10-digit numbers, and other random toys, this organizer actually sticks to the wall! I used windex on the wall just like the instructions explained, turned the hook, and voila! They stuck to a wall that's not exactly a flat surface. Also, I love this toy bag because it leaves corner tub space available for shampoo, conditioner, and soap bottles. In my house, that extra space is priceless! Don't look any further than this product. It is AWESOME."—Sara
Get it from Amazon for $9.98+ (available in two sizes and pre-stocked with toys or by itself).
19. Or a bathtub caddy to de-clutter a bathtub filled to the brim with toys and serve up an assortment from one handy place.
20. And a clear shower curtain liner with roomy mesh pockets to not only keep that expensive shampoo out of reach from the kiddos, but also to store the absurd amount of toys cluttering up the tub ledge.
21. Invisible floating shelves so you can *clearly* show off your kid's collection of Funko Pops or Knuffle Bunny books — and pretend they're ~magically levitating~ over the walls.
Promising review: "I was surprised by the quality. The are perfect, I tried to set up one up and put some Funkos on and it’s perfect!! Because they are clear it looks like the Funkos are floating in the air. I’m ordering more later. They are worth the price. Thanks!!"—Luisa
Promising review: "Absolutely worth the money. The set was a steal. We’re obsessed with my daughter's library corner (at least mom is). Also super easy to install, took me less than 45 mins to install (with all the measurements and all). No words but love love love. Definitely recommend!"—Princess Misay
Get a pack of four from Amazon for $19.99+ (available in three sizes).
22. Ingenious removable storage bins specifically designed to fit Ikea Trofast bins so you can finally tackle the ~impossible-seeming task~ of sorting your giant Lego collection.
Organized in Five is a small biz based in St Louis, Missouri that specializes in unique storage solutions.
Promising review: "These bins are just what we were looking for to organize Legos! They fit perfectly in our Trofast bins. Arrived fast and great quality!"—Courtney Davis
Promising review: "We LOVE them! We wish we had bought these years ago! The former Lego explosion is now sorted and pleasing to the eye. Delivery was fast and everything well packed and protected. Totally positive experience!"—D Rock
23. A genius cap organizer because no one in the family can figure out a logical place to put them. This will simply wrap around a hanger to create a dedicated spot for the baseball caps currently scattered all over the house.
24. A nursery organizer and diaper caddy that's a must to make new parents' lives a *little* easier. It easily attaches to a crib, changing table or wall to keep all essentials in one place and ready to grab at a moment's notice.
25. An over-the-door shoe organizer so versatile reviewers have used it to store Crocs, water bottles, Barbies — you name it!
26. And a sock and underwear organizer that parent reviewers swear by for Marie Kondo-ing the heck out of their nursery dresser.
27. A genius hook-shaped hanger specifically designed for hoodies — because they constantly slide off regular hangers, which has annoyed your teen to the point where they've decided their hoodies are better off lying on the floors.
The reviews for this post have been edited for length and clarity.