29 Products Parents Swear By To Make Their Homes More Kid-Friendly
Things that'll transform your home into a safe and nurturing space for those tiny humans.
We hope you love the products we recommend! All of them were independently selected by our editors. Just so you know, BuzzFeed may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page if you decide to shop from them. Oh, and FYI — prices are accurate and items in stock as of time of publication.
1. A pack of inexpensive outlet covers if your toddler has developed a dangerous obsession with sticking their fingers into sockets.
2. An adorable duck bath mat with suction cups because the combo of wet kiddos, rough play, and slippery bathtub floors is nerve-racking to say the least 😱.
3. A pack of sink extenders to empower little ones to wash their hands or brush their teeth on their own. Not to mention it'll save your back the strain of hoisting them over the sink.
4. A pack of ingenious light switch extenders with an easy to grab moon-shaped handle so they can turn the lights on and off ~all by themselves.~ The best part? These glow in the dark.
5. A door cushion that'll not only prevent kiddos from slamming doors and waking up their little siblings but also prevent them from accidentally locking themselves in a room.
6. A pack of colorful Puj hanging cups so they can help themselves to water without saying "Mom" or "Dad" 500 times a day. Plus, no more washing a gazillion cups daily. Win win.
7. A viral TikTok toothbrush holder and dispenser for squeezing toothpaste on your child's brush for them and prevent you having to wipe down toothpaste-smeared counters.
8. A high density foam guard to cushion your newly walking babe's noggin from the sharp, jagged edges of your fireplace.
9. A set of ingenious magnetic locks that don't require screwing into your cabinets. These install in seconds with tape to keep your curious tot from breaking into drawers. Bonus: They're hidden inside so they aren't eye sores.
10. A pack of motion-activated toilet night-lights for making middle-of-the-night toilet runs less messy. Added bonus: There's no need to leave the bathroom light on all night long.
11. And an anti-slip potty training seat boasting a ladder that'll make the "big potty" feel a lot less intimidating.
12. A sturdy bookshelf at the perfect height for pint-sized readers that'll create an inviting display of books which basically say, "pick me, pick me."
13. A pack of child-safe charger covers that snap onto chargers and hide the ends from curious tots, who inexplicably prefer chewing on power cords over their teethers.
14. A pack of inconspicuous corner guards for protecting your toddler's fragile head from big bumps when they walk precariously close to a sharp coffee table.
15. And a whale-shaped bath spout cover that'll prevent ouchies when little ones are having a ~whale~ of a good time in the bath. Plus, it comes with an adjustable strap to fit snugly on any faucet.
16. A ~cute as can be~ 3D-printed foam soap dispenser attachment to create a magical Mickey shape out of pumped soap, basically ensuring that your kids become obsessed with washing their hands.
Mouse Delights 3D is a small biz based in Las Vegas, Nevada, that specializes in Disney-inspired 3D-printed accessories.
Promising review: "Super cute and very easy to use. My littles love Mickey and this makes hand washing that much more fun for them!" —Abby D
17. A pack of blackout shades for any parent looking for a quick fix to keep the sun out that doesn't involve shelling out $$ for a fancy-schmancy solution. Reviewers say these install in 15 minutes flat — all you need to do is trim, peel and stick (Perfect for travel, too!)
18. A sturdy step stool with a grippy surface and slip resistant rubber feet to give any toddler's self-care routine a confident boost during the "I can do it by myself" phase.
19. And a splurgy wooden learning tower so little sous chefs can be part of the action at the kitchen counter. It'll pay for itself when you no longer have to fear they'll topple over while defiantly perched atop a chair. The best part? It converts into a little table!
20. A DIY rock climbing wall set to take playtime ~up a notch~ and challenge the kiddos to get off the couch and scale new heights.
21. And a rainbow-colored saucer swing guaranteed to add swirling pops of color and become your child's fave ~hangout~.
22. A sunrise simulation alarm clock if your kids refuse to wake up when it's dark and cold outside. This clock will wake them up with gradual lighting and nature sounds. No more making a dozen trips to their room to yell at them.
23. Or a Hatch Baby night-light, sound machine, and time-to-rise device to help develop healthy sleep habits. You can control it from your phone to create custom light and sound programs in sync with bedtime, nap time, and wake-up routines — so they know when it's time to hit the sack and when it's OK to come running to your room.
24. An expensive looking Ruggable area rug designed with a machine washable cover that you can simply toss in the wash and make it look as if tiny messy humans don't live in your home.
25. A bed rail fully capable of ensuring that toddlers who are ready to graduate to a "big kid" bed won't roll out in the middle of the night. It has thousands of 5-star reviews for a reason.
26. A minimal foam play mat because kid-friendly floors don't have to be a total eyesore. Honestly, I wouldn't blame you for trading your trendy rug for this mat in ~grown-up~ areas.
27. A pack of five clear stove knob covers so your little whirlwind of destruction doesn't unknowingly starting a fire in the kitchen.
28. A double closet rod to hang kids' clothes at eye level so they can dress themselves every morning — and actually like the outfit they're wearing (which is nothing short of a miracle, tbh).
29. A child-safe wooden knife for tiny helpers eager to help in the kitchen. This tool will keep their little fingers protected, while they proudly chop fruits and veggies.
The reviews for this post have been edited for length and clarity.