37 Products Every New Parent Should Probably Own
Raising tiny humans isn't easy, but these products will probably make your life a little bit easier.
We hope you love the products we recommend! All of them were independently selected by our editors. Just so you know, BuzzFeed may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page if you decide to shop from them. Oh, and FYI — prices are accurate and items in stock as of time of publication.
1. A 100% USDA certified organic nipple butter so you don't have to suffer the agony of breastfeeding or pumping with sore, cracked nipples. Plus, the balm is made with natural, non-GMO ingredients that are safe for nursing.
2. A genius instant water warmer that'll dispense water at the ~perfect formula temp~ round the clock at the press of a button — because any parent who has waited on a bottle warmer to heat up at 2 a.m., while their hangry baby screams, knows that mere minutes can feel like a lifetime. (And, it's under $50!)
3. Dreft scented booster beads — just add a little to a load of laundry to infuse clothes with that blissful newborn scent. *Me inhaling that 👶🏼 smell.*
4. A cradle cap comb that'll remove dry skin from your bubba's scalp ~oh-so-gently~ using soft rubber bristles and a fine-toothed comb.
5. An organic and Oeko-Tex certified muslin drool bib that your little star can soak up in the ~chicest manner possible.~
6. Comforting Frida Baby vapor drops with organic eucalyptus and lavender essential oils to plop in your bath or humidifier to relieve stuffiness and congestion and ~open up airways.~ *Instant relief for them and for you.* (Safe for babes 3+ months)
7. A ridiculously clever mash and serve bowl that'll put fancy baby food machines to shame *and* let you puree fresh fruits and veggies quickly on the spot — all while singing à la ::Rihanna:: "Where have you been all my liiiiiife?"
8. A two-in-one silicone feeder pacifier set to help soothe achy gums and introduce new foods (without fear of choking). Just fill with frozen fruits, veggies or breastmilk and let your LO chomp their way to ~cold, yummy relief.~
9. A set of all-natural, plant-based sudsy konjac bath sponges that not only come in adorable shapes but are also ~super gentle~ on a newborn's skin.
10. A rubber ducky bath spout cover to save you from *quacking with fear* whenever your squirmy munchkin gets too close to bumping their head on the faucet. Plus, it will brighten up bathtime!
11. And a pack of inconspicuous corner guards to prevent those tiny fragile heads from big bumps and buckets of tears.
12. A set of breast milk storage bags to stash your liquid gold that lie flat to save precious freezer space. The best part? Reviewers say these are the most economical option available (because, you know, babies are expensive.)
13. A squirting spoon with a squeezable silicone bulb that'll make feeding your baby pureed meals at home and on-the-go a breeze. Goodbye extra dishes and messes.
14. Mommy's Bliss Night Time Gripe Water that'll be a lifesaver on fussy nights. The herbal supplement is made with organic ginger and fennel to alleviate colic or tummy troubles and chamomile, lemon balm, and passion flower to calm your little one down for a restful night of sleep.
15. A stroller fan with bendable foam legs that'll wrap around a stroller, car seat, or pretty much anything to keep your lil' munchkin cool as a cucumber, even when it's a gazillion degrees outside.
16. Thinkbaby Safe Sunscreen SPF 50+, which is top-rated by EWG, so you can have peace of mind knowing that its non-toxic, paraben/PABA free, vegan and reef-friendly — and will work darn well to protect the environment and your baby (6 months+).
17. A ultra gentle body wash handmade in small batches with local goat milk and organic essential oils because you want only the purest ingredients to touch your baby's skin.
18. A handy scented bag dispenser you can clip onto your diaper bag to dispose of poopy diapers (and doggy poo!) on the go. They're infused with baking soda and a light lavender scent to mask smelly odors and to save you the awkwardness of stinking up trash cans at other people’s homes.
19. And a portable changing mat with a built-in pillow to make on-the-go diaper changes on germy surfaces a little less gross and a bit more comfy.
20. An inexpensive portable white noise machine that'll lull your baby to sleep with its calming, spa-like sounds at home or on the go. It has thousands of 5-star reviews for a reason!
21. A set of aesthetically-pleasing pastel silicone stacking blocks to encourage shape, number and animal recognition. But your baby will go gaga because they're soft, chewable (perfectly safe!) and squeaky, tbh.
22. A pack of reusable steam clean bags that'll let you sterilize bottles, pump parts and pacifiers in the microwave in about *3 MINUTES!* I think we can all agree: infinitely easier than boiling water daily.
23. A pack of Munchkin Arm & Hammer Pacifier Wipes made with 100% food-grade ingredients so you can feel *zero guilt* about picking that binky off the floor, giving it a quick swipe and handing it back to you babe (only for them to drop it again *sigh*).
24. A sleek touchless forehead thermometer with a built-in sensor that measures in seconds. Added bonus: You can take your baby's temperature while they're sleeping.
25. A silicone and wood teething ring with a cute giraffe face sure to charm your little one as it goes to work relieving the discomfort of sore and tender gums.
27. A travel bottle warmer that needs no electricity, holds wide and standard sized bottles and keeps water boiling hot for HOURS. Perfect for road trips or night feedings when your baby straight-up refuses cold bottles.
28. A game-changing Honest Company diaper rash spray so your fingernails are never victimized again by that greasy, sticky paste.
29. A cult status stain remover capable of tackling stubborn stains — from poop to spit up — so effectively it might make you say, "Whoa, what a difference."
30. A baby bottle brush made with coconut fibers that's kind to the planet 🌍 and boasts a flexible tip to makes cleaning hard-to-reach areas eazy peazy.
31. A seahorse ~baby whisperer~ with a glowing belly and mysterious magical powers that'll play lullabies, classical tunes, and ocean sounds when it's squeezed to inexplicably soothe little ones to sleep.
32. A pack of game-changing Carter's sleepers with 2-way zippers that zip down from the neck or ~up from the toe~ to save you during middle-of-the-night diaper changes.
33. A three-in-one night-light, sound machine and time-to-rise device you can control from your phone that basically sleep trains your night owls by letting you create custom light and sound programs in sync with bedtime, nap time and wake up routines — so they know when it's time to hit the sack and when it's OK to come running to your room.
34. An inflatable water mat with floating foam fishies to cast a mesmerizing spell on your bubba — until they temporarily forget that they, um, detest tummy time.
35. A pack of anti-colic silicone baby bottles for any parent struggling to get their LO to take the bottle. These are designed to look ~literally like the boob~ to help (fingers crossed!) your bébé latch on without a fuss.
36. A gently weighted sleep sack if you've been up at an ungodly hour desperately googling *baby sleep solutions.* This soft swaddle is designed to feel like a calming, reassuring hand on your baby's chest.
37. A super plush and soft burp cloth made with eight layers of cotton gauze to absorb those expected (and unexpected 🤮) messes.
The reviews for this post have been edited for length and clarity.