Breaking up with your birth control can be hard to do.
1. It's possible to get pregnant pretty much immediately.
2. But if you do want to get pregnant, don't stress if it doesn't happen right away.
3. Your period might be a little wonky for a while.
4. The best predictor of what your period will be like off birth control is what it was like before birth control.
5. But it's also possible that your period might be different now.
6. It doesn't take a while to "flush the hormones" out of your system.
7. If you've been taking the birth control shot, it can take up to six months for your fertility to go back to normal.
8. You may notice that you start to get hornier in the middle of your cycle.
9. And you'll probably have some weird, stringy discharge coming out of you each month.
10. You might just be generally more hormonal than usual.
11. If your boobs grew while on birth control, they'll probably shrink back to normal size.
Obviously that's not the case if your breasts just grew with age or weight gain. But birth control can also make your chest a little bigger, especially if you're on a pill with higher estrogen levels, says Minkin. So if you noticed an immediate boob enlargement while on birth control, they'll probably go back down soon. RIP big boobs.