We recently asked members of the BuzzFeed Community to show us their craziest, funniest, or just most unfortunate sunburns. Here are some of the best reminders to always reapply:
And even though these people can laugh now, there's no doubt that they were in pain at the time. Not to mention, sun damage can have long-term effects on your skin and health. So in addition to making you laugh and cringe, we hope this serves as a PSA for the many benefits of using sunscreen properly.
1. This Irish lad who had a mishap with spray sunscreen:
2. This person who was apparently listening to lullabies on their iPod.
3. This girl who looks like she put blush on in the dark:
4. This person who quite literally wore red and white stripes for the Fourth of July.
5. This girl whose roommate DID NOT have her back:
6. The statement necklace that also left a statement burn:
7. This guy who was left with a tank top of paleness:
8. This woman who had resting duck face for a week:
9. This girl who was left with a permanent lanyard:
10. This girl who will probably never hike again:
11. This woman who should swear off cross-body bags:
12. This girl who ended up with a very ~cheeky~ sunburn:
13. This guy who really should've kept his shirt buttoned up:
14. This wedding guest who left with more than a party favor:
15. This guy who learned that applying sunscreen while standing on a paddle board is a terrible idea:
16. This person who became an ice cream flavor IRL:
17. This woman who loved her lace top so much, she baked it into her skin:
18. This person who at least has magic burn-proof knees.
19. This girl who didn't listen to her parents and paid the price:
20. This girl who learned about sun exposure in convertibles the hard way.
21. This girl who underestimated a cloudy sky and got left with a bib:
22. This person whose burn left them with a smile... literally:
23. This girl who left the beach with lobster...skin:
24. This girl who learned the hard way that she wasn't using spray sunscreen correctly:
25. This person who got more than just "some color":
26. This girl who confirms all of your fears about trendy cutout bikinis.
27. This girl who probably didn't enjoy the rest of her spring break:
28. This girl who really took the "YOLO" saying to heart:
29. And this ginger, who used tanning oil instead of sunscreen:
So remember, put on your sunscreen and reapply it often!
If you aren't sure which SPF you need or how to best apply sunscreen, check this post out for more information!