1. Check you’ve actually got your purse or wallet on you before you do the weekly shop.
2. And make sure you’ve changed your £1 coins, as many places won’t accept the old £1 coin anymore.
3. Check whether you’re splitting the bill with friends before you spend the night drinking tap water to their cocktails.
4. Check to make sure you've taken your ATM notes before you walk away.
5. Paying off a credit card? Make sure you’ve set up a direct debit to make payments on your bill so you don’t miss the payment deadline.
6. Check to make sure you’ve signed up to the mobile app of your financial provider for ease of access to manage your money.
7. And check whether your credit card charges an international exchange fee before using it abroad.
8. You should also check your credit score, to see whether you need to make improvements or not.
9. Lastly, are you thinking of getting a credit card? Use an eligibility checker before you apply so you know your likelihood of being accepted before you decide whether to apply.
Check it; don’t chance it. When it comes to finance, it helps to check ahead. Check if you’ll be accepted for a credit card before you apply, without affecting your credit score. Find out more about QuickCheck.
Thumbnails images via Caiaimage / Chris Ryan and iStock / Getty Images.