Ali from Food52 shares the food trends that she learned from the brightest geezers out there:
Forget all the lists of 2015 food trend predictions written by food professionals. Our grandparents might be a little fuzzy on the definition of “food trend,” but they’ve actually weathered quite a few.
They knew a time when gluten was good. Jello salad, too.
While 2015 was the year of the pasta pie, our grandparents are on to something else: “A pasta with a cheese layer and then another pasta. It’s a pasta sandwich. You bake the pasta with the cheese, then you fry it, and then you make the sandwich.” (We know what’s up, Eater.)
5. “Exotic foods (ones that require a lot of shipping and water and resources) will become un-PC and discouraged.”
Did they ever really go away though, grandma? Get the recipe for this chocolate ombre cake here.
- The Trump administration is reportedly considering a set of policies to prosecute parents who illegally enter the US with their children.
- Norma McCorvey, the woman behind the landmark 1973 Supreme Court case, Roe v. Wade, has died in Texas at 69.
- Mark Sanford held a town hall on Saturday that he organized with Indivisible, a group dedicated to holding members of Congress' feet to the fire.
- Donald Glover has been cast as Simba in Disney's remake of "The Lion King."