1. Taco vs. Burrito — a debate as old as time. Think of this as a card game food fight where the wildest and most valuable meal wins. But watch out for the health inspector! Parent tip: Reviewers say it also helps kids with early math addition and subtraction.
Promising review: "The grownups enjoy playing this with the 5-year-old. He loves this game and is getting faster at simple addition and subtraction when calculating the score. Bought a second game to have one at home and one at the grandparents’ house." —ggb
"This game is so much fun, whether you’re playing with a group of strategic/backstabbing adults or having a fun family game night with your kids. I was surprised how fast and easy the game was to learn, even for my kids! Gameplay is pretty quick too, maybe 10–15 minutes a round. My whole family loves this game, and we take it everywhere with us. It’s also 100% appropriate for any age or setting, which is an extra bonus. HIGHLY RECOMMEND!!!!!" —M. Graves
Get it from Amazon for $19.99.
2. Where Should We Begin, designed for partners, dates, or friends to exchange stories. In this game the real win is intimacy and closeness with the group in which you play. This makes everyone a winner.
Esther Perel is the designer behind this game inspired by conversations that she's had at dinner parties, in her office, and with friends, family, and colleagues.
Promising review: "It has resulted in us learning more than we could have imagined after being together for over a decade. Love how it is structured for also playing with coworkers and friends." —Bridget
"From the moment we opened the box, my husband and I began going into completely unexplored areas of our relationship. We laughed and just enjoyed each other's company in a very new way." —Emanuela
Get it from Uncommon Goods for $40.
3. The Chameleon — how good are you at blending in? In this game, it's all about the bluff. Everyone knows the secret word except for the chameleon. Using hidden codes and words, see if you can camouflage with the crowd or get caught as the chameleon.
Promising review: "This game allows you to get super clever with your family and friends, and I would definitely suggest this for some good laughs. It is super easy to learn and doesn't require too much space or too many pieces. It would also be a great gift for anyone who loves to play games, and would be a great drinking game as well!" —ABH
"This game is super fun and can be adapted for large groups! I used it as an ice breaker during the first week of class, and it was so fun. It’s a great way to show how people think differently and set an inquisitive tone for the semester." —Kara Stone
Get it from Amazon for $16.82.
4. Monopoly Cheaters Edition for people who love to break the rules. This game of Monopoly is all about what you can get away with. Be warned — the sweetest person in the family could turn out to be a big sneaky scammer.
Promising review: "Family of six here. Who knew I had a bunch of sneaky cheaters in my house?! My 10-year-old asked for this game for Christmas. It’s a big hit at our house. It’s a struggle for me to keep up with trying to spot everyone else’s sneakiness and try to to play my own game, but it’s been hilarious. Even our 5-year-old was able to be sneaky and get money 💵 from the bank without anyone noticing." —Saadia
Get it from Amazon for $15.99.
5. Linkee Nick Jonas edition, where you're given four clues that somehow link together. Find their connection to guess the answer!
Promising review: "I love this game. It’s easy to learn, and it’s so fast paced. Not like other trivia games." —Amazon Customer
"Excellent game! It's incredibly fun and easy to play. Definitely a game that can get competitive. Highly recommend playing with the max amount of people to make it more exciting." —Caleb A.
Get it from Amazon for $14.43 (originally $19.99; available in two editions).
6. Call of Duty in case you want to take your favorite video game out of the screen and into real life. Capture dares and take down your enemies. Time to drop!
Promising review: "This game was great! We took it on a camping trip, where my husband and kids would not be able to play their actual video game. They loved the play (and you CAN make it adult-only too!). A definite must-have for any COD aficionado." —Jessica Schoener
"No gatekeeping here! My friends and I are obsessed with COD, so it only made sense to get the party game! We had an amazing time; I definitely recommend it to all COD and even non-COD players! SQUAD UP!!!" —Ralph
Get it from Amazon for $24.99.
7. New Phone, Who Dis? — not just a message you send that person who ghosted you and then saw your fire selfie and tried to hit your phone with the, "Hru?" However, this game does play off of weird text mashups that'll make for a hilarious time.
Promising review: "Took this camping, and it became an instant hit. It was easy to learn, and the card combinations were pretty good. So lots of playability from this one." —SaiBaku
"Good for a laugh at parties/get togethers. Great for fun-loving groups! If you enjoy a good laugh — and have a good sense of humor — you will enjoy this game." —Shedoll6
Get it from Amazon for $19.99.
8. Clipology is ideal for movie lovers. What makes this game cool is that it uses real clips you can stream from your smart device or television, so the game is constantly updating!
Promising review: "Ever since Scene It? was discontinued I've been missing this type of game, but Clipology is even better. Great clips and smart, fun trivia. Plus with it being online, the content will continually be refreshed with new games. Highly recommended!" —shopper
Get it from Amazon for $24.86.
9. Catan — a social strategy game where you trade, build, and settle the island of Catan. Control your own civilization and spread across a hex board to compete for victory points.
Promising review: "One of the funnest and engaging board games of all time. I must for the any board game aficionado. But if you never played or are new to board games, it’s a bit complicated to learn. Get the 5–6 player addition for more fun and more people. A game usually takes about an hour to two depending on how many people play. A great mix of strategy and luck to win." —KP
"The combination of good placement strategy, memory skills, and some lucky dice rolls makes this a challenging, fun game that will feed your gambling needs. But watch for collusion between other players who have the same last name. Trading three rocks for one brick never passes the smell test." —Watts
Get it from Amazon for $47.99.
10. That's What She Said is just begging to attend your next adult shindig. Well, that is if you're interested in spending the night laughing.
Promising review: "Let me start by saying that I rarely write reviews. But, for this game, I feel it necessary to do so. I played this game on Christmas Eve with my husband and another couple we have known for years. I'm not sure I have ever seen four people laugh so much or so hard while playing a simple card game. These were can't catch your breath, tears running down you face, still funny a week later laughs. We played the game all the way through twice, not bothering with the five-card winner rule. This was the best money I have ever spent!! We have already ordered the first and second expansion sets. You need a bit of a dirty mind to really enjoy this game to the fullest, but it is not so raunchy that you couldn't play with your adult children. Buy this game and set up a game night. You will not be sorry." —Boxerboysmama
Get it from Amazon for $24.99.
11. Chicken vs Hotdog: The Ultimate Challenge Party Game — a new game that's all about how you flip it. With 30 challenges, it may only take seconds to learn, but you'll be playing for hours.
It's a party game for 2–10 players. It takes the TikTok phenom of bottle flipping to a whole new level by flipping a chicken and throwing a hot dog into the air. There are 30 challenges that'll have you racing to flip 'em and stick 'em in whatever weird way the card tells you to. It's fun for the whole family and will turn an average evening at home into a clucking good time!
Get it from Amazon for $30.
12. Tapple for fast word play that the entire family will enjoy. In this game, it's not just about knowing the right answer; it's also about knowing the right letter, too!
I absolutely love this game! Some category games stop being fun when you run out of categories, but with this game, it's super easy to make up your own so you can keep playing. Yes, you may know a lot about animals, but can you name a forest animal that starts with "L" in under 10 seconds? I ordered this game from Target using their same-day delivery option before heading over to a family barbecue. It was an excellent impulse buy that even the kids enjoyed playing. It's now added to the bring-along pile when we're going to visit friends or family.
Promising review: "This game is so much fun. Went on a cabin trip and found out about it and immediately bought it for myself. So simple so fun!" —Water is not blue
"This game is so fun! I had to get so many more as gifts. As a family who loves to play games, this one keeps us entertained and laughing forever. A must buy!" —G
Get it from Target for $19.99.
13. Blank Slate, a game where ____ minds think alike. If you filled in the blank with "great," then you're off to a good start. Not only do great minds think alike; in this game, they also win.
14. Ghosted — you've come to an untimely end, but your spirit won't rest until you figure who did you in. It's a who-dunnit, or should I say boo-dunnit, game. 👻
Promising review: "It is hard for a game to be good enough for quick play, but also long enough for a whole night of play if you want. This is the rare game that is perfect for that. It is easy to get into, easy to get good at, and then easy to play a quick game or a few rounds and not get bored. Great game for everyone in the family (4-years-old to 70-years-old)." —Cstevens
Get it from Target for $15.99.
15. Actually Curious, ideal if you're looking to gain additional insight into your loved one. The deck contains 52 cards — 15 blue (easy), 17 green, 12 yellow, and eight red (most intimate). Plus, they're pocket-sized so you can carry them with you for deep conversation wherever you go.
Actually Curious is a Black-owned brand that creates card games to help people gain real, meaningful connections.
I have this game and the questions come from a very unique angle and make you think. Not only do they give you insight into your friends, family, loved one, but they also give you more insight about yourself. You'll think about things you've never actually thought of considering before. It's one of my favorite games to pull out when I get together with my friends. And, it would be a great convo starter on my next date night either in-person or virtual.
Promising review: "Very thoughtful ice breaker game. I got this as a conversation starter for when I have friends over or just a nice way to start a thoughtful conversation with my partner. This system of picking a card is so easy and really gets the conversation going. Would recommend to anyone who is looking for a great way to get to know people in a group setting or for more intimate one-on-ones." —Brittany M.
Get it from Bando for $24.99 (available in four editions).
16. Herd Mentality, a party game the whole family can enjoy where thinking like the ~herd~ wins you points. But, being the odd one out wins you...a pink cow?!
Promising review: "This is one of the funnest family games we have played! We have a very large family and like to play games together but nobody has the patience for board games. Interactive games that get us talking, laughing, and having fun together are what we love! This game is perfect for us. We played with all ages from 8 to 60. Everyone loves it! Easy to play and no two rounds are ever the same so nobody gets bored." —JustMe
Get it from Amazon for $20.