We hope you love the products we recommend! All of them were independently selected by our editors. Some may have been sent as samples, but all opinions and reviews are our own. Just so you know, BuzzFeed may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page if you decide to shop from them. Oh, and FYI — prices are accurate and items in stock as of time of publication.
2. A plush velvet sectional couch, because who doesn't love the idea of lounging on a comfy chaise like they're an Old Hollywood starlet at the end of a long day? A piece you can prop your feet up on that also looks like a million bucks is a win-win in my book.
Promising review: "This couch is really beautiful — the color and just the way it looks. It was also the easiest thing to put together. I’m notoriously bad at assembling furniture and it took me, alone, less than 20 minutes. It’s not super comfortable, but it’s comfortable enough." —Giules
Get it from AllModern for $800+ (available in seven colors).
3. Or, if your room's on the smaller side, a fabulous faux leather loveseat to give your space some rustic flair — and reviewers say the material is such good quality that no one will be the wiser!
Promising review: "This little gem far exceeded my expectations! Perfect little petite sofa for my loft office at an unbelievable price! The vinyl (faux leather) is thick and durable, and easy to keep clean. I am so pleasantly surprised with this fun piece!" —Savvy Shopper
Promising review: "Great quality. I love this couch so much and get so many compliments on how high-end it looks!" —Natasha
Get it from Amazon for $384.19+ (available in tan or black).
4. An interactive Scrabble coffee table that's "letter perfect" for the game lover who never wants their next word battle more than an arm's reach away. If you're looking for a conversation piece, your search ends here!
It comes with Scrabble tiles and a glass top that can be removed when you're ready to play.
Based in Boston, TreeLine Designs is a small biz making GORGEOUS handcrafted wooden furniture and decor.
Promising review: "ABSOLUTELY STUNNING! This Scrabble table arrived very quickly and was extremely well packaged for a safe delivery. The photos online look good, but in person...it is simply gorgeous! We totally love it! Very well made and far exceeds my expectations. Great craftmanship!" —Sandy Voigt
5. A *gorgeous* accent table with doors to secretly hide all of that, just, stuff you have lying around that probably shouldn't be thrown out, but definitely shouldn't be on display. Furniture that's aesthetically-pleasing and reduces clutter? We love to see it.
There is some assembly involved, and while reviewers say the instructions could be a bit clearer, a mix of the photos and intuition makes it totally doable. You've got this!
Promising review: "Beautiful piece! Fell in love with it since I saw it online, even more after it was completely assembled! It's not too difficult to put together; the tricky part for us was to get the hinges to align. Would definitely recommend! Love it!" —Bea
Get it from Amazon for $208.07+ (available in four styles).
6. A mirrored console table that's very ~reflective~ of your great taste in furniture. It'll give just the right amount of flashy glam to your living room without veering into Liberace territory.
Promising review: "I LOVE my vanity! It looks expensive and really glamorous without being too exaggerated. It's small, it fits in a little corner but along with a nice mirror, it does make a statement. Great piece of furniture for the price." —Sandra
Get it from Amazon for $193.99+ (available in six finishes).
7. A custom room divider for any studio dweller who wants to create the illusion of having separate rooms. And with 20 fun patterns to choose from, you'll be able to let out your inner interior designer.
The screens come from Z Design Studio Inc., an Etsy seller that specializes in room dividers, panels, and privacy screens.
Promising review: "We absolutely love our panel. The workmanship, quality of the product, and the design are so amazing and beautiful. We just ordered 15 more of these panels to complete our space. Abby has been so helpful and knowledgeable in guiding us with this project." —Hourig D.
8. A woven rattan chair set that's so darn attractive, you'll have trouble deciding which corner of the room should be graced with its presence. These seats can be incorporated into a wide range of decor schemes seamlessly, and the included cushions are *chef's kiss*.
Promising review: "I love these chairs! They are super comfortable, sturdy, and were easy to put together. I have them indoors and use them daily. The cushions are removable and wash easily, and the chairs are quick and easy to wipe down. Would definitely recommend." —Gabe
Get a set of two from Amazon for $307.71.
9. Or, a comfy rattan armchair to give your living room that midcentury feel everyone seems to be loving these days.
10. A shockingly glamorous futon, which sounds like an oxymoron, but one look at this beauty will make you forget everything you thought you knew about fold-down couches.
Some reviewers suggested getting a mattress pad to make it just a bit softer for sleeping.
Promising review: "Great price! Quality seems to be great too! Very stylish, I have already had so many compliments on it. I searched and searched for a decent used couch and came up with nothing good, I love that it’s brand new! It’s even longer and deeper than I hoped. Not disappointed. Easy to assemble, took me about an hour. It’s pretty heavy though! A couple pillows in the corners will be the perfect extra comfort. Doesn’t look like a futon at all, but that’s a nice feature to have if you need it. Great color selections. Time will tell if it spot cleans easily, but the material seems like it will." —Alexandra
Get it from Novogratz on Amazon for $318.55+ (available in nine colors).
11. A "stellar" coffee table you should only buy if you want your "starstruck" guests to shower you with compliments "to infinity and beyond." Terrible puns aside, this will quickly become your favorite thing in your home.
Promising review: "Bought this table about five years ago, and it’s still going strong, still so beautiful. It’s so sturdy, my 9-year old boy climbs on it and it doesn’t budge. The marble still looks great. This is probably my best furniture purchase ever. Will definitely have this for many years to come." —Arbee
Get it from Anthropologie for $798+ (available in two sizes).
12. A modern wall-mounted bookshelf for neatly storing all of those novels YOU WILL DEFINITELY READ AT SOME POINT! I know you've grown accustomed to your books being arranged in little stacks on the floor, but, alas, the time has come for them to have a home of their own, and one that's *stunning* to boot.
Promising review: "This bookcase was just perfect for our living room. It has a lot of capacity but is still sleek. It fits perfectly into a contemporary/midcentury modern/Japandi aesthetic. It was easy to assemble and made from high-quality materials. The only complaint I had was that I needed an offset screwdriver to screw it into the wall. I would also like to commend the rep for the excellent customer service I received. The original item I received has a small manufacturing defect: The thread in one of the holes of one shelf was missing so I couldn't attach the bolt. After I contacted them, they looked into it, and sent me a replacement bookcase free of charge." —Aniruddha
Get it from Amazon for $102.32+ (available in four sizes and 10 colors/finishes).
13. A snazzy velvet accent chair to put a little pep in your living room's step (it comes in 20+ gorgeous colors!). Plus, reviewers say it's as comfy as it is pretty.
Everything you need for assembly is included!
Promising review: "I was viewing this chair for weeks but was unsure of how sturdy it would be...well I was wrong! I bought it to use as my desk chair in my work space at home. I wanted something chic to match my personality because I don’t really like rolling chairs (they lack that 'home' feel in my opinion, leave them at the office lol!). It took me about 15 minutes to put it together and it sits perfectly with my desk. She’s comfy, strong (BBW approved lol), and the pink is absolutely beautiful!" —Ce'Asia T.
Get it from Amazon for $167.99+ (available in 31 designs).
14. A striking velvet printed couch that'll become the crown jewel of whatever room you put it in. Everyone needs at least one statement piece, and this colorful beauty is IT!
This perfect piece is by Black-owned furniture company Albany Park, which was founded with the belief that shoppers don't need endless options to choose from, just a few super solid ones. To that end, Albany Park's furniture can be delivered much more quickly than custom designs from larger brands, and the pieces arrive in boxes conveniently designed to fit even the most narrow apartments.
Promising review: "Our sofa is perfect. It came promptly, was easy to assemble and the size is perfect for our space! It feels so support an amazing Black-owned business that we believe in. This sofa is perfect. If you’re on the fence...do it!!" —Lauren
Get it from Albany Park for $1,195 (originally $1,399; available in two print options and two leg finishes).
15. A lovely macrame hammock chair to add a bit of whimsy to your space — and who wouldn't want to feel like a kid again by having access to your very own indoor swing 24/7?
Promising review: "Love! Love! Love! I purchased these chairs to put in our bayview window, and I couldn't be happier. We ordered one chair at first, hung it up, and just had to get a second. One thing to note...we were concerned when we hung the second chair to find the ropes were shorter than the first chair, then realized it was because the chair needed to be sat in to stretch the ropes. Now the length matches the other chair. Phew!! Hanging was easy peasy. And they look absolutely beautiful. While they are comfy, I do think a cushion would be a good thing as I think sitting for a long period of time might become uncomfortable. That said I remain thrilled with this purchase." —KaraJeanne
Get it from Amazon for $69.99.
16. A sleek and sophisticated mini bar cart for keeping your beautiful bottles and drinkware organized and on display, rather than collecting dust in some random cabinet like they are right now. And you'll feel so ~fancy~ using it to mix up drinks when you have friends over.
Reviewers say it's on the shorter side, so depending on your height, it might be better as a stationary piece rather than something you wheel around.
Promising review: "Six stars for sturdiness. This cart doesn't squeak or lean, it's very high-quality, and something I would expect to find at a Crate & Barrel." —Jason E Steckey
Get it from Amazon for $97.50+ (available in six designs).
17. A sweet pleated footstool so you'll always have a place to prop your feet up (and one that's really pretty, too!). Many reviewers said they also used it as a vanity seat, and that it's easy to bring from room to room.
Promising review: "I was hesitant about buying this since there were not many reviews, but I'm glad I got it! It's very cute and sturdy for the price. I have a small living room, and it fits that area perfectly." —Amal
Promising review: "Gorgeous! The stool is very pretty and seems well made. It's the perfect height for my couch." —Andy
Get it from Amazon for $41.99 (available in 10 colors).
18. Or, a velvet storage ottoman, because who doesn't love a 2-in-1 piece that's as pretty as it is functional? And in fact, it's technically a 3-in-1 because the top flips over to reveal a wooden surface you can use as a mini coffee table!
Promising review: "I love this versatile stool! It’s stylish, well-made, and extremely easy to assemble. When used for seating, it’s comfortable and sturdy; when used as an end table it adds such a fun design element for any space. The storage is also a bonus if you are living in small space like I am. I highly recommend!" —Melissa
Get it from Amazon for $59.99 (available in six colors).
19. And, a plush Moroccan-style pouf, which doubles as a comfy floor cushion for when you have guests over.
You'll have to stuff the pouf yourself, and you can use pillow filling or even make good use of all of those old clothes that are taking up too much drawer space!
Promising review: "I'm thrilled with my pouf! It really looks like leather, goes well with my rustic decor, and looks very expensive. I stuffed mine with some throw blankets we don't use, a few towels, and some old clothes. It will be perfect as a footrest and for sitting on beside the coffee table for playing games and doing puzzles." —vnconn
Get it from Amazon for $47.45+ (available in two sizes and six colors).