26 Kitchen Products That People Say Work Just As Well As Their Pricier Counterparts
No Le Creuset to see here, but there are plenty of other just-as-great (and more affordable) finds.
We hope you love the products we recommend! All of them were independently selected by our editors. Just so you know, BuzzFeed may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page if you decide to shop from them. Oh, and FYI — prices are accurate and items in stock as of time of publication.
1. A Hamilton Beach stand mixer you can use to crank out baked goods just as worthy of Paul Hollywood's handshake as one's you'd make with a fancy KitchenAid. Whether you've got bread on the mind (join the quar club) or want to whip up cakes and cookies, this machine can do it all.
2. A six-speed electric hand mixer that, as a former professional baker, I fully endorse for most home baking needs.
3. A set of mixing bowls designed to save you room, since they can be stacked inside one another. They also come with lids!
4. A silicone baking mat that'll end your spatula versus sheet pan battles for good. No sticky residue, and just think of all the moolah (and trees!) you'll be saving by cutting down on parchment paper.
5. A compact air fryer to make your crispy-crunchy dreams a reality. It's small, yet mighty (it can hold over 4 quarts of food), and its nonstick surface means you won't have to overexert yourself scrubbing it clean.
6. A toaster oven that'll earn a permanent spot on your counter because you'll use it for so much more than toast.
7. A mini rice cooker you'll want to bust out for every meal once you see how easy it is to use (it's really cute, too!).
8. A slow cooker to use for all of your cozy, cold-weather meals, especially when you're too lazy to do any work.
9. A Dutch oven so gorgeous (those color options!), you'll forget you ever lusted over that "French brand" altogether. Oh, and you can also use it to cook practically anything you want, either on the stove top or in the oven.
10. A stainless steel roasting pan you'll want to have if you're on turkey duty this Thanksgiving (or if you just like roasting things in general).
11. A cast iron grill pan for when you want a nice char but live in a tiny shoebox apartment, so LOL at the notion of having an outdoor barbecue space. 🙃
13. An instant-read thermometer to keep you from overcooking that steak you bought from an *actual* butcher shop (and spent an entire day's salary on).
14. A convenient steamer basket for when you want to eat vegetables, but can't be bothered to turn on the oven.
16. A powerful blender that'll take you from your morning smoothie to your happy hour frozen margarita.
17. An immersion blender containing more attachments than your boss's emails (but you'll actually want to open these).
18. A set of wineglasses that are pretty, but inexpensive enough that you won't feel bad when a dinner party guest inevitably breaks one.
20. A 17-piece knife set with everything you need, and then some (yes, there's even a dedicated pizza knife!).
21. A cold brew coffee maker that's exactly what you need on those days when you just can't even with the line at Starbucks.
22. An espresso and cappuccino machine for when you're feeling fancy (but also want to lounge around in your sweats all day).
24. An electric kettle that boils water stat for mornings when you're low on time but gotta have that caffeine.
25. A pack of reusable freezer bags to cut down on single-use plastic consumption — they're also a must-have for organization aficionados!
The reviews for this post have been edited for length and clarity.