1. The tempura recipe was introduced to the Japanese by Portuguese Jesuit missionaries.
2. It is most likely that the word tempura came from the Portuguese word tempêro.
3. Panko and breadcrumbs aren't used in tempura.
4. Classic tempura batter only contains 3 ingredients.
5. Tempura is a versatile dish and can be served in any way.
6. There are shops in Japan that only sell tempura dishes.
7. Tempura's airy texture only allows vegetables and seafood to fry.
8. Tempura and sweets go together and it's delicious!
9. Most tempura dishes only contain up to 150 calories.
10. January 7th is National Tempura Day!
This post was created by a member of BuzzFeed Community, where anyone can post awesome lists and creations. Learn more or post your buzz!