Unless otherwise specified, all sizes in this post are listed in women’s.
1. A bestselling Madewell eyelet midi dress complete with a sweetheart neckline, adjustable tie straps, and pockets basically made for twirling around in a field of wildflowers.
Note: Some reviewers suggest ordering a size down.
Promising review: "I bought this dress for engagement photos. It's super cute and the material is great quality. The stretchy fabric allows for a great fit on top. The cream color is nice and the eyelet at the bottom is really pretty." —Jtopo
Another promising review: "The pattern is even prettier in person, the tie straps make it adjustable to the right feel – and I mean, pockets. Overall, I think it’s one I’ll reach for over and over again this summer." —Janine32
Get it from Madewell for $69.99+ (originally $138; available in standard sizes M–XXL and plus sizes 1X–4X.
2. A sleek sleeveless bodycon midi dress featuring a cutout detail and leg slit so you'll always be prepared for a spontaneous night on the town.
Promising review: "This dress fit perfectly! I love the slit in the front. It is classy yet very cute! The slit is the perfect length and doesn't go too high up. The material is very light, so great for spring weather. A little see-through, but good with matching color undergarments. I will definitely be buying other colors of this dress." —Ngronk5515
Get it from Amazon for $22.94+ (available in sizes XS–XL and 22 colors).
3. An über-popular Hill House nap dress everyone is obsessed with for a reason. This comfy frock comes fully equipped with pockets, ruffled shoulders, elasticated smocking, and a tiered midi skirt to make you look and feel like you just stepped out of a fairytale storybook.
I'm late to the nap dress game but I am SO glad I finally jumped on this trend. Obsessed is an understatement, honestly. I treated myself to the "pink roses poplin" color and I feel like I should be sitting in an enchanted forest somewhere with the sun beaming down on me with butterflies fluttering by my side in this thing. It's incredibly comfortable and it almost seems unfair how effortlessly it creates a show-stopping look. Here's where you can read more about the nap dress craze!
Get it from Hill House Home for $150 (available in sizes XXS–2XL and in 17 fabrics/designs).
4. A turtleneck sweater dress you'll want to wear through all of the cold weather seasons, since it's chic and timeless silhouette *also* happens to feel like a warm, snuggly blanket.
Promising review: " I love love love this dress! I got it as a comfortable dress for my pregnancy and it is perfect. It's soft and extremely comfortable and stretchy. I definitely recommend this dress to anyone looking for a lovely sweater dress, pregnant or not. 10/10!" –V R
Get it from Amazon for $30.99+ (available in sizes XS–XXL and 27 colors).
5. A highly rated Asos Design wrap midi dress praised by reviewers for its versatility. Consider this little number your one-and-done frock to take you from your morning meeting to dinner at a Michelin star restaurant.
Promising review: "Wow. This dress is absolutely lovely. I ended up buying another one. Every time I wear it people ask me where it came from." —Verified Purchaser
Another promising review: "I am obsessed with this dress. It's lovely and light without being baggy. You could wear this to work, the pub, night out, funeral, with heels, with sandals, with trainers...the possibilities are endless." —Verified Purchaser
Get it from Asos for $55 (available in sizes 12–26).
6. A trendy white Abercrombie & Fitch mixed fabric midi dress touting chic cutout details that'll help make hot summer days feel a little more bearable.
Promising review: "I love this dress! It’s beautiful and of great quality. It's not see through either." —Sarah
Get it from Abercrombie & Fitch for $39.99 (originally $120; available in regular, petite, and tall sizes XXS–XL).
Speaking of weddings, here are some stylish black wedding dresses to keep on your radar.
7. A dainty Buck Mason relaxed shirtdress with side pockets ideal for those days when you want to look cute but still be comfy while also having somewhere to put your hands when a chilly breeze comes through.
Note: The belt is not included.
Promising review: "I’m going to live in this dress! The fabric is a good weight and I love the option to roll up the sleeves. The pockets on the hips lie flat and the shape is neither fitted nor boxy. You can belt or not, which is a great flexibility." —JP T.
Get it from Buck Mason for $135 (available in sizes XS–XXL).
8. An off-the-shoulder midi dress touting an elastic waist and midi pencil skirt you'll find yourself reaching for each time you get another wedding invite in the mail.
Promising review: "I’ve never reviewed a product on Amazon but this dress is just TOO GOOD not to review! Worth every penny and more. Considering the price, I wasn’t expecting too much, but it had great reviews, so I figured it was worth a shot. But it is amazing! The fabric is stretchy but great, thick quality. I looooove the blue color. I got lots of complements. Seriously the most beautiful and confident I’ve felt in a new dress in a long time, BUY IT!" —KB
Get it from Amazon for $29.99+ (available in sizes 4–22 and 31 colors).
9. A comfy and velvety wrap dress with a tie waist and a flowy hemline located at the crossroads between robe and fancy-shmancy going-out attire.
Promising review: "This dress fits perfect! I love the robe wrap, as you can make it as loose or tight as you want. This is one of the only wrap dresses that doesn't show too much cleavage and holds the girls in! If you’re thinking of buying it, just do it! True to size!" –ashley
Get it from Amazon for $29.99+ (available in sizes 0–22 Plus and a wide variety of styles).
10. An off-the-shoulder wrap midi dress from Boohoo that screams, "I am incredibly fashion-forward and everything in my closet looks as put-together as this does," even if your regular go-to 'fit consists of a sweatshirt and sweatpants.
*Slowly glances down at my current 'fit consisting of a sweatshirt and sweatpants.*
This bodycon midi dress is the epitome of a stylishly comfortable dress, tbh. It also comes in 11 colors, so if you're looking for a cute red dress for date night, a pink dress for happy hour, or maybe even green or orange, you'll find your ~perfect~ hue.
Get it from Boohoo for $22 (originally $55; available in sizes 2–20 and 11 colors).
11. A Tanisi ruffle sleeve boho midi dress requiring zero effort to look fabulous in. Whether you rock this frock at a winery, out to brunch, or while running errands, you can expect the compliments to ~flow~ on in.
Designed by the mother-daughter duo behind the Tanisi brand, this gorgeous ruffle sleeve boho midi dress features an elegant open back design with a cross-cross detail that's sure to turn a few heads. It's also fully lined (no slip necessary!) and crafted from soft cotton silk for a comfy 'fit you'll want to practically live in.
Get it from Tanisi for $140 (available in sizes 2–8).
12. A popular spaghetti strap V-neck midi dress you can grab in vibrant designs or solid hues depending on the ~mood~ that day.
Promising review: "I love this dress so much that I'm planning to buy a couple because I need this dress in every cute print I can find! The fabric has enough give to be comfortable, but isn't so stretchy that it has trouble keeping its shape, and it has pockets! So seriously, I have bought lots of dresses that 'had pockets' and this is the first one with pockets I can actually use! TL;DR: Buy this dress. Buy it in every print you like because it will be your new favorite dress! It's so cute and comfy." —Rue23
Get it from Amazon for $23.99+ (available in sizes S–XXL and 30 colors).
13. A super comfy Nap Loungewear silk satin slip midi dress made out of the *highest* standard raw silk because you deserve the very best.
Plus, the back straps are adjustable!
Promising review: "I have never owned a more comfortable dress that feels so luxurious. The silk blend fabric is so soft to touch – I may just never take this dress off!" —Flame
Get it from Nap Loungewear for $199 (available in sizes S–XL and 16 colors).
Love this style? Same. That's why we came up with an entire list of comfortable slip dresses you'll want to basically live in.
14. A fit and flare dress from Quince whose easy, breezy, and relaxed fit is made from a breathable tencel jersey knit. Plus, it's affordable price tag is listed at nearly $40 less than traditional retail value. Now that's what I call a win-win!
Promising review: "I bought this dress in brown and loved it so much that I came back and purchased it in multiple colors. The first time I've ever had the foresight to do such a thing. It's very comfortable and functional and it garners compliments. I'm going to need to buy a balconette bra so that the sides of my bra don't show, but otherwise, it's been an easy wardrobe addition." –Ava A.
Get it from Quince for $39.90 (available in sizes XS–XL and four colors).
15. A super flowy A-line midi dress with pockets so cozy no one would blame you if you accidentally (read: purposefully) fell asleep in it.
Promising review: "I like my clothes loose and flowing. I usually buy a 2X but I sized up to 3X because I wanted something cool and comfortable to dive into when I get home from work. This dress is perfect. The material is soft and stretchy and I’m glad I sized up to get the flowy look. If you want it to be more form fitting I would think your true size would work. I’m going to order several more in different colors." —Florida Girl
Get it from Amazon for $29.99+ (available in sizes 1X–5X and 19 colors).