1. The secret medieval court behind the city
2. Buying Dutch design at Droog or Frozen Fountain
3. Picnicking at Vondelpark
4. Drinking beer inside an old windmill turned brewery
5. Renting a bike and exploring the town
6. Sampling Surinamese cuisine at Dappermarkt street market
7. Taking a stroll along the canal ring
8. Visiting the Stadsarchief (The City Archive)
9. The Albert Cuypmarkt street market
10. Buying flowers at Bloemenmarkt
11. Partying at Blijburg beach
12. Attending secret free concerts at Concertgebouw
13. Checking out a good read at Openbare Bibliotheek Amsterdam
14. Clubbing at Trouw
According to locals Trouw is the 'best club in Amsterdam, possibly the world…'.
Calling Trouw a club is doing it a disservice - the space itself is more of an events explosion: offering music, food, exhibitions and general merrymaking.
15. Visiting this secret museum: Ons' Lieve Heer op Solder
16. Drinking cocktails at Bo Cinq
Bo Cinq is famous for it's chilled out vibe and excellent cocktails. But if you're feeling flush, head over to Hiding in Plain Sight on the corner of Peperstraat and Rapeburg. It is prohabition-themed and a 'real hidden gem' according to our local in the know. The burgers are said to be good too.