1. Just this past weekend, New York became to 23rd state in the US to legalize medical marijuana. Now, meet the 14-year-old teen who helped make it happen.
5. With 22 states having legalized the use of medical marijuana, the spotlight turned to New Yorkers to rally behind the Compassionate Care Act, which would make New York the 23rd state to legalize marijuana.
The Compassionate Care Act would allow healthcare providers to talk to their patients about medical marijuana and certify those with debilitating and life-threatening illnesses, so that they may have access to medical marijuana to relieve their symptoms.
A lot of people look at Oliver, or children like Oliver, and think what do they contribute. If they’re here with all these problems, what do they really contribute? But Oliver really has contributed.
- Top legal scholars will be filing the 1st major lawsuit against President Donald Trump's alleged business conflicts on Monday.
- "Welcome to the movement": Women's March on Washington organizers are working tirelessly to make sure first-time marchers stick around ✊
- A mass grave in Mexico contained the remains of 56 people, many of whom went missing in 2010, authorities said Sunday.
- The New England Patriots are heading to the Super Bowl yet again. They'll play the Atlanta Falcons on Feb. 5 🏈