Prime Rib With Garlic Potatoes
1 4-5 lb prime rib roast (ribs removed)
1½ tablespoons coarse salt
1½ tablespoons freshly ground pepper
3 large russet potatoes, peeled and chopped
1½ tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
1 large clove garlic, grated
1. Rub roast with salt and pepper .
2. Preheat convection oven to Roast at 480°F.
3. Once oven is heated, place roast in oven and allow to brown evenly (place heavier/fattier side toward the back). This should take about 12 minutes.
4. Turn heat down to 350°F and continue to cook meat until internal temp is 135 (for medium-rare). This should take about 1 hour and 15 minutes.
5. Once meat is ready, remove from oven and allow to rest for 30 minutes while cooking potatoes.
6. Place potatoes in oven set to Air Fry at 400°F. Lightly spray with cooking spray and cook until brown (20-25 minutes). Remove and toss with olive oil and grated garlic.
7. Slice roast and serve with potatoes.