1. When firefighters were able to rescue an adorable five-week-old kitten from behind the grill of a car. Oh, and they named him "Honda."
2. When eight-year-old Thalia Standley swam in her first school swimming carnival, six months after having her right arm amputated following a vicious dog attack.
3. This little boy who, after saving up the profits of his lemonade stand for THREE YEARS, finally got a pony.
4. This surfer dude who lost his pug, then was given someone else's pug, before finally finding his own pug, leaving him with TWO pugs.
5. When Arnott's finally came to their senses and brought back the original Shapes.
6. This teen, who fed one deer some crackers and then ended up with a whole family of deer as best friends.
7. The rescue of a cow family who were left stranded on a small block of land following earthquakes in New Zealand.
8. This photo series that showed trans and gender-diverse teens as they want to be seen.
9. The emotional scenes that erupted when Fiji's rugby sevens team won the country's first Olympic gold medal.
10. When two six-month-old kittens endured eight hours of surgery to give them eyelids.
11. When the city of Sydney came together and helped Domenic "Iron Boy" Pace's wish come true.
12. When this woman wrote a touching letter about the importance of helping refugees after surgeon and Iraqi refugee Dr Munjed Al Muderis was able to help her walk again.
13. When Midnight Oil announced they'd be returning to tour Australia in 2017.
14. When a dad asked fellow passengers on his flight to take part in Halloween trick-or-treating so his little daughter wouldn't miss out.
15. When a bride's wedding day was rescued by a Syrian refugee living next door, who happened to be a tailor, and who quickly fixed a rip in her dress.
16. The story of Daisy Dog the rescue pit bull, whose last days on Earth were heartbreakingly perfect.
17. When Australia's oldest man, Alf Date (who spent his time knitting sweaters for penguins), passed away at 110 years old.
18. And this pit bull named Dublin, who broke the hearts of the internet, and then brought everyone together, after people refused to pat him on Halloween.
Want more proof that Australia is like no place else on earth? Sign up for BuzzFeed's "Meanwhile in Australia" newsletter!
If you can't see the signup box above, just go here to sign up for BuzzFeed's "Meanwhile in Australia" newsletter!
Brad Esposito is a news reporter for BuzzFeed and is based in Sydney, Australia.
Contact Brad Esposito at email@example.com.
Got a confidential tip? Submit it here.