2. OK, it wasn’t, like, engulfed in flame. (And no injuries have been reported.) But SOMETHING in there was on fire — initial reports blamed the electrical system.
3. The NBA initially delayed the game, hoping it would be possible to clear the smoke and play.
4. But it wasn’t possible in time. The arena was evacuated and the game canceled.
5. This means that 30 NBA millionaires now have a night to kill in Mexico without having to worry about playing a game, so whatever revenue the local economy loses from the cancellation should be made up in bottle-service tequila sales.
- The Trump administration is rolling back an Obama-era policy aimed at protecting transgender students in public schools.
- North Dakota police have begun clearing out Standing Rock protester camps at the Dakota Access Pipeline site.
- Seven Earth-sized planets that could have water and possibly sustain life have been discovered orbiting a dwarf star, NASA announced today.
- Facebook is in negotiations with the Major League Baseball League to possibly stream one game per week during the 2017 season.