2. OK, it wasn’t, like, engulfed in flame. (And no injuries have been reported.) But SOMETHING in there was on fire — initial reports blamed the electrical system.
3. The NBA initially delayed the game, hoping it would be possible to clear the smoke and play.
4. But it wasn’t possible in time. The arena was evacuated and the game canceled.
5. This means that 30 NBA millionaires now have a night to kill in Mexico without having to worry about playing a game, so whatever revenue the local economy loses from the cancellation should be made up in bottle-service tequila sales.
- White House Press Secretary Sean Spicer repeated claims that the inauguration was the most watched ever. But the numbers (still) don't make sense.
- Britain's Supreme Court has ruled that Prime Minister Theresa May needs to consult parliament before triggering Brexit.
- People are backing one of the Women's March organizers after conservative blogs claimed she has deep ties to terrorism.
- You could be consuming fake news on Snapchat Discover. The app is now making publishers fact-check their content 👻