2. OK, it wasn’t, like, engulfed in flame. (And no injuries have been reported.) But SOMETHING in there was on fire — initial reports blamed the electrical system.
3. The NBA initially delayed the game, hoping it would be possible to clear the smoke and play.
4. But it wasn’t possible in time. The arena was evacuated and the game canceled.
5. This means that 30 NBA millionaires now have a night to kill in Mexico without having to worry about playing a game, so whatever revenue the local economy loses from the cancellation should be made up in bottle-service tequila sales.
- ISIS has claimed responsibility for a bombing that killed at least 80 people in Afghanistan Saturday.
- Hillary Clinton made her debut with VP pick Tim Kaine, who dipped into Spanish and spoke on support for immigration reform and gun control.
- The gunman who killed at least 10 people at a Munich, Germany mall was an 18-year-old "obsessed" with mass shootings, police said.