2. With one out in the top of the 10th inning in St. Louis, Carlos Beltran’s throw beat a tagging Mark Ellis home by several feet. But did catcher Yadier Molina ever actually tag Ellis?
3. It really doesn’t look like it.
4. Not from this angle either.
6. Nope. The Cardinals were held scoreless in the bottom half of the inning, so if Ellis had been ruled safe, the game would have been over. But home plate ump Gerry Davis’ out call stood, and the Cards went on to win in the bottom of the 13th.
That’s hero-of-the-playoffs-so-far Carlos Beltran driving in Daniel Descalso. FYI: The game started at 8:37 p.m. EST and finished somewhere around 1:30 a.m. for a brisk 290 minute running time.
7. These gals know they got away with one.
8. The upside for the Dodgers: they have an immediate chance for revenge. Game 2 starts at 4 p.m. Saturday, or, in other words, in about ten minutes.
- UK voters sent a massive shock through the world, overturning 40 years of British EU membership.
- Prime Minister David Cameron says he will resign by October.
- British banks got hit hard, and their European peers were hit even harder.
- Scottish leader Nicola Sturgeon says a second independence referendum for Scotland is "highly likely."