1. Sigourney Weaver in ‘Alien’
“She’s a badass,” says Céline Tricart, founder of Lucid Dreams Productions. “But in order to be a badass, she doesn’t have to put away the fact that she’s a woman. She’s a strong badass woman that survives against all odds but she’s also a mother. She manages to have both sides, and that’s what we’re all trying to achieve.”
2. Susan Sarandon in ‘Thelma & Louise’
“‘Thelma and Louise’ has a really special place in my heart,” says Lara Everly, creator of Sugar Babies and Baby and Me Yoga. “Growing up and seeing what was such a strong female love story, in a way - that struck a cord with me.”
4. The Women of ‘Mustang’
“The characters in the foreign film, ‘Mustang,’ were extremely inspirational,” says Kristine Gerolaga, creator of A Period Drama. “It’s about five young girls who are trying to escape oppression.”
5. Jessica Jones
Jessica Jones is troubled,” says Jaclyn Gramigna, founder of Whippersnapper Films. “But she also has good values and is willing to fight for the people she loves. She’s not perfect and that makes her a better hero, because she can feel the darkness of the other side.”
7. Jessica Lange as Elsa Mars
“I’m in love with female protagonists from the ‘American Horror Story’ series,” says Yoko Okumura, co-producer of the documentary series, FACETS. “I especially love the character Elsa Mars, played by Jessica Lange on season four’s ‘Freak Show.’ The show gives older female protagonists a great and layered existence which is rare in film and television. Jessica Lange and Kathy Bates - you just don’t get to see characters who are older and so powerful and so complicated.”
This post was created by a user and has not been vetted or endorsed by BuzzFeed's editorial staff. BuzzFeed Community is a place where anyone can post awesome lists and creations. Learn more or post your buzz!
- Four people were arrested after Trump supporters and protesters clashed during a "Make America Great Again" rally in California.
- The deadly Westminster attack that left four people dead Wednesday began and was over with in 82 seconds, police said Saturday.
- People in Belarus took to the streets and opposed a "social parasites" tax on people who have been unemployed for six months.
- Heads up, Harry Potter fans. You can now get Butterbeer ice cream at your grocery store 🍦✨