150 millilitres white wine vinegar
250 millilitres water
75 grams caster sugar
1 teaspoon mustard seeds
1 teaspoon table salt
½ cucumber, sliced
1 red onion sliced into rounds
150 grams mayonnaise
1 tablespoon chopped flat leaf parsley
1 tablespoon chopped tarragon
1 unwaxed lemon zested
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
1 tablespoon capers chopped
4 burger buns
1 curly lettuce leaf head
1 packed of 4 large Birds Eye fish fillets
2 large tomatoes sliced
1) Preheat your oven to 200C.
2) Start by making the pickling liquor. Pour the white wine vinegar, water, caster sugar, mustard seeds and salt into a pan. Warm on a high heat until it is boiling. Stir until the sugar and salt have dissolved. Remove from the heat.
3) Once the pickling liquor has cooled completely add the sliced cucumber and red onion. Make sure all the vegetables are covered by the liquor. You can use a bowl to press them down if not. Leave for 30 minutes.
4) Cook the Birds Eye fish fillets as instructed on the packet.
5) Make your herb mayo by mixing the mayonnaise, parsley, tarragon, lemon zest, capers and black pepper.
6) Cut you buns in half and toast the cut sides in a pan on a medium heat.
7) Start assembling your burger. Place some lettuce on the base of the bun, then spread the herb mayo. Add the Birds Eye fish fillet which has been but in half widthways. Top that with some slice tomatoes, pickled cucumber, a few pickled red onion rings and finish with the bun.
8) This can be served with roasted sweet potatoes, or a green salad or both!