Blooming Fish Tortilla Ring
4 Birds Eye battered cod fillets
6 tomatoes, roughly chopped
1 red onion, roughly chopped
1 red pepper, roughly chopped
15 grams coriander
½ red chilli
½ teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon black pepper
½ lime, juiced
16 small tortilla wraps
250 grams cheese, grated
1. Preheat the oven to 220˚C (420˚F). Once the oven is up to temperature, place the battered cod onto a baking tray and bake for 20 minutes. Once cooked, remove from the oven and set aside to cool slightly.
2. Meanwhile prepare the salsa. Add the red onion, red pepper, tomatoes, black pepper, salt, lime juice, coriander, and red onion into a food processor and blitz for around 5–10 seconds, or until all of the ingredients resemble a fine dice. Set aside.
3. Slice each battered cod fillet into finger-sized slices.
4. Cut each tortilla in half. Evenly spread about 1 tablespoon of the salsa and a small sprinkle of cheese on one half of the tortilla. Place a slice of battered cod onto the salsa and cheese.
5. Roll the tortilla into a cone, starting from the cut edge and making sure not to push the ingredients out of the tortilla.
6. Place a glass in the center of a grease-proof-paper-lined baking tray.
7. Create a ring around the glass with the tortilla cones. The point of the cones should be in the center, touching the surface of the glass. There should be about 13 cones in the first layer.
8. Sprinkle the cheese over the first layer of cones.
9. Start the second layer of cones by placing one cone on top and in between 2 cones in the first layer. Continue this process with the rest of the cones. There should be 3 full layers of cones.
10. Sprinkle the rest of the cheese on top of the blooming quesadilla. Remove the glass from center of ring. Bake for 8–10 minutes or until the cheese is melted and the edges of the tortillas are crispy and golden. Enjoy!