Neapolitan Ice Cream Cone Cupcakes
Brownie mix, plus box ingredients
Strawberry cake mix, plus box ingredients
Vanilla cake mix, plus box ingredients
36 cake ice cream cones
1½ cups unsalted butter, softened
4 ¾ cups powdered sugar
1½ teaspoons vanilla
3-5 tablespoons milk
Maraschino cherries, optional, to serve
Sprinkles, optional, to serve
1. Preheat oven to 350˚F (180˚C).
2. Place cones in each well of muffin tin.
3. In separate bowls, prepare brownie, strawberry cake, and yellow cake mixes per box instructions.
4. Fill each ice cream cone with 1 tablespoon of brownie batter. Top the brownie batter with 1 tablespoon of strawberry cake batter followed by 1 tablespoon of vanilla cake batter.
5. Bake for 20-22 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
6. In a large mixing bowl, beat butter until creamy. Gradually add in the powdered sugar. Add vanilla and 3-5 tablespoons milk until you reach thick and smooth consistency.
7. Transfer frosting to piping bag and add a dollop to each cone like a soft serve ice cream.
8. Top with cherries and sprinkles.