2. 1. Wood + Iron Table
Sure you could get a cheap look-alike from Ikea, but do you really want more particle board and laminate junk? Here’s a recipe for a rustic-style, solid wood table that looks great and will last a lifetime. All you need tool-wise is a cordless drill.
HOME DEPOT HACK TIP: You can have the 2×12 board cut at Home Depot for easier transport in your car.
6. 2. The Bucket Stool
This is my favorite Home Depot hack. It’s cheap, easy and nothing is wasted. The video really captures just how simple this project is.
10. 3. Plywood Media Console
Making precise joints is one of the most difficult parts of cabinetry. Stacking and screwing strips of plywood to build up a cabinet is easy and creates a cool, stratified aesthetic. What’s even more awesome is that you can tailor this recipe to create different-sized media boxes for organizing random things around the house.
14. 4. Concrete + Wood Coffee Table
This is a project that looks expensive despite being rather cheap to make. The trestle base for the table is made from Fir stair balusters and the top is made from Quikrete cast in a laminate mold.
18. 5. Geometric Doghouse
The key to this hack is to have the sheet of plywood cut for you by the friendly people at Home Depot. Cut the plywood into 8’ long strips that are as wide as your dog is tall. This makes the wood easier to transport and reduces the number of cuts you need to make.
For detailed instructions and additional DIY projects, check out HomeMade-Modern.com.
- Donald Trump marveled at how "brilliantly" Hitler seized power during a 2000 visit to a Holocaust museum.
- It's not just you. A massive attack has brought down major sites like Twitter and Spotify for some users in the US.
- At least 26 people have been treated by medics after a chemical incident at London City Airport.
- People are trolling Eric Trump for apparently getting caught putting lemonade in a free water cup at In-N-Out.