For EDM lovers, there’s no better place in the world than the utopia of Tomorrowland.
For the past 10 years, thousands upon thousands of EDM lovers have made the journey to Boom, Belgium, for one of the world’s most elaborate and magical electronic music festivals. This year, to celebrate the fest’s 10th anniversary, Tomorrowland was extended to two weekends, allowing 360,000 lucky people from around the globe to experience the magic and the love.
1. When you get your invite you get all tingly knowing that you’ve literally received the key to happiness.
3. And when you arrive in July, you know it’s time to leave all the stresses of everyday life behind.
4. Because the next three days are about to be full of nonstop adventure and love.
5. When you make it to the campgrounds, you can’t help but jump for joy.
7. Because there’s a whole world out there…
8. …waiting for you to explore.
11. You exchange your money for Tomorrowland tokens.
Because this is a world with a currency all its own.
12. With them you can indulge in the surprisingly amazing food all over the fest, from Belgian beef stew over fries…
15. If you fancy yourself something a little classy, you can even sip some champagne at the cava bar.
16. When you need to recover from your food coma, there’s no better place to plop down for a nap than right by the canal.
The distant sounds of thumping bass can actually be quite soothing.
17. Or a random patch of grass near a stage — whatever floats your boat.
19. Didn’t have time to paint your face? Someone’s got your back.
22. You’ll want to capture the action on your GoPro.
23. You’re gonna see a lot of GoPros.
24. Selfie sticks too.
Make sure to review that camera work if you want the prefect moody/dazed shot.
27. Because you know that Tomorrowland is really about bringing cultures from all over the world together, united for the love of music.
29. This is a place to make new friends.
30. …so go ahead and take a picture with that girl and your sunflower plant.
31. And though it may seem cheesy to the outside world, you know that here everyone understands they’re all in this together.
It really IS about “peace, love, unity, and respect.”
32. The message of PLUR is literally everywhere you go.
33. The festival grounds are so big and elaborate, you never know when you’ll stumble into an amazing tucked-away stage, like the Rave Cave.
35. Where German DJ and producer Nico Pusch played an amazing deep house set to a full crowd on Sunday.
(You can listen to his full set here.)
36. But the colossal crowd at the main stage never ceases to take your breath away.
37. And though it may seem daunting, you’re amazed by how possible it is to get from the very back to the front of the massive crowd.
No pushing, no elbowing, just love.
38. A stranger and new friend will even let you sit on their shoulders if you want a better view.
40. When you’re up there, it can be overwhelming to look around and see so many people moving to one beat.
There’s nothing quite like it.
41. You never turn down an opportunity to cover yourself in glitter.
42. Whether you’re rocking to Australian sister duo NERVO…
43. …losing your mind to festival highlight and wunderkind Martin Garrix…
44. …or getting emotional when Above & Beyond brings up a fan to push the button…
46. Even neighbors of the festival LOVE coming every year, because they know it’s something truly special to witness and be a part of.
“A lot of variety in music at Tomorrowland, lots of different people of all over the world! We live at 100m of the festival and always waiting for this time of the year to see 60,000 people get crazy of this madness. Enjoy every day of your life.” —Erwin and Lin, Belgium
47. Basically, Tomorrowland is a once-in-a-lifetime kind of experience.
48. And everyone should have the chance to be a part of the love and positivity you’ll find there.
49. Your family may have reason to worry that you’ll never want to leave.
…Tomorrow is mystery.
- Former British prime minister Tony Blair says there are elements of the Brexit debate "happening the world over."
- Uber documents provided to BuzzFeed News suggest that price cuts don't always raise driver wages 🚗💸
- U.S Department of Defense is expected to end its ban on transgender military service in July.