1. Remember JoJo? Her song “Leave (Get Out)” in 2004 made her the youngest artist in history to have a number one single on the Hot 100 chart.
2. Well, she’s been locked up in a contract and unable to officially release music for the last seven years, though she has been able to release a couple great mixtapes.
Here’s her video for “Andre,” off her mixtape Agápē, which she released last year.
3. But her fans have taken it upon themselves to help “Free JoJo” and create awareness about the singer’s label situation in hopes that something will change.
- French authorities have begun moving thousands of migrants and refugees from the makeshift "Jungle" camp in Calais.
- Inside WikiLeaks: A former employee shares what he learned about Julian Assange (including his beef with Hillary Clinton).
- One week into the fight to take back Mosul, expectations for quick success have clashed with the reality of a bloody struggle ahead.
- An NFL player paid tribute to Harambe, the gorilla who died at a Cincinnati zoo, on his cleats.