1. Remember JoJo? Her song “Leave (Get Out)” in 2004 made her the youngest artist in history to have a number one single on the Hot 100 chart.
2. Well, she’s been locked up in a contract and unable to officially release music for the last seven years, though she has been able to release a couple great mixtapes.
Here’s her video for “Andre,” off her mixtape Agápē, which she released last year.
3. But her fans have taken it upon themselves to help “Free JoJo” and create awareness about the singer’s label situation in hopes that something will change.
- Today's pride parade in New York will honor the 49 victims of the Orlando gay nightclub attack.
- Brexit fallout turns into political chaos in Britain: Seven opposition party members resigned Sunday in an effort to force leader Jeremy Corbyn to quit.
- UK's decision to leave the European Union surprised the world, but polling experts say it won't foreshadow the U.S. election.