1. Remember JoJo? Her song “Leave (Get Out)” in 2004 made her the youngest artist in history to have a number one single on the Hot 100 chart.
2. Well, she’s been locked up in a contract and unable to officially release music for the last seven years, though she has been able to release a couple great mixtapes.
Here’s her video for “Andre,” off her mixtape Agápē, which she released last year.
3. But her fans have taken it upon themselves to help “Free JoJo” and create awareness about the singer’s label situation in hopes that something will change.
- Donald Trump on Sunday said that his comments about a problem in Sweden were not about an event, but about a Fox News report 🇸🇪🙃
- The CEO of Uber has ordered an "urgent investigation" into an engineer's claim that she repeatedly experienced workplace sexism.
- The US ambassador to Somalia gave the country's new president a "Make Somalia Great Again" hat in the color of Somalia's flag 🇸🇴
- One man scammed his way through New York Fashion week by dressing up as Sisqó — and people really believed him 😩