To say that VH1’s TLC biopic did a good job depicting the trio would be an understatement.
Drew Sidora plays T-Boz, the strong center of the group, while Keke Palmer (remember her from Akeelah And The Bee??) plays the group’s sweetheart, Chilli. And Lil Mama delivers a downright amazing performance as Left Eye, the heart and soul of TLC.
2. It was uncanny how much the actresses not only looked like the trio, but embodied their entire characters.
Like in this scene depicting the press conference from the 1996 Grammy Awards (real photo on left), during which they famously announced that they were “broke as broke can be.”
4. Iconic interviews were masterfully duplicated.
(Okay, I know the original TLC image is super blurry, but it’s from 1992, so you just have to trust me.)
But one of the best — and freakiest — parts of the film were the music videos.
8. And THEN…the “No Scrubs” video re-creation. Which was amazingly — creepily, even — on point.
- US Soccer suspended Hope Solo for 6 months after she called Sweden's team "cowards" during the Rio Olympics ❌⚽️
- The death toll from Italy's earthquake rose to 159 people amid efforts to dig out residents still trapped in rubble.
- Donald Trump's campaign paid a Barnes & Noble $55,055 to buy more than 3,500 hardcover copies of his book.