To say that VH1’s TLC biopic did a good job depicting the trio would be an understatement.
Drew Sidora plays T-Boz, the strong center of the group, while Keke Palmer (remember her from Akeelah And The Bee??) plays the group’s sweetheart, Chilli. And Lil Mama delivers a downright amazing performance as Left Eye, the heart and soul of TLC.
2. It was uncanny how much the actresses not only looked like the trio, but embodied their entire characters.
Like in this scene depicting the press conference from the 1996 Grammy Awards (real photo on left), during which they famously announced that they were “broke as broke can be.”
4. Iconic interviews were masterfully duplicated.
(Okay, I know the original TLC image is super blurry, but it’s from 1992, so you just have to trust me.)
But one of the best — and freakiest — parts of the film were the music videos.
8. And THEN…the “No Scrubs” video re-creation. Which was amazingly — creepily, even — on point.
- Donald Trump has named H.R. McMaster as his new National Security Adviser, replacing Michael Flynn who resigned last week.
- Famine in South Sudan has left 100,000 people facing starvation and nearly 8 million in need of immediate assistance, UN agencies say.
- Milo Yiannopoulos's book has been canceled after he was accused of defending pedophilia.
- A girl's best friend showed up to her date in a fake mustache to spy on her and it's the definition of friendship goals 😎