To say that VH1’s TLC biopic did a good job depicting the trio would be an understatement.
Drew Sidora plays T-Boz, the strong center of the group, while Keke Palmer (remember her from Akeelah And The Bee??) plays the group’s sweetheart, Chilli. And Lil Mama delivers a downright amazing performance as Left Eye, the heart and soul of TLC.
2. It was uncanny how much the actresses not only looked like the trio, but embodied their entire characters.
Like in this scene depicting the press conference from the 1996 Grammy Awards (real photo on left), during which they famously announced that they were “broke as broke can be.”
4. Iconic interviews were masterfully duplicated.
(Okay, I know the original TLC image is super blurry, but it’s from 1992, so you just have to trust me.)
But one of the best — and freakiest — parts of the film were the music videos.
8. And THEN…the “No Scrubs” video re-creation. Which was amazingly — creepily, even — on point.
- Donald Trump claims Google's search engine was biased in burying bad news about his rival Hillary Clinton.
- Asos workers at the heart of its global retail empire say they're being treated like machines to deliver fast fashion.
- "Hamilton" pulled back the curtain on race and Broadway, but these actors show how far theater still has to go 🎭