27 Things Under $50 From PetSmart That’ll Never Stop Being Useful
Not only are these great deals, but they're also items you'll use forever.
We hope you love the products we recommend! All of them were independently selected by our editors. Just so you know, BuzzFeed collects a share of sales and/or other compensation from the links on this page. Oh, and FYI — prices are accurate and items in stock as of time of publication.
1. A double-door wire dog crate that will make crate training your pup a breeze. It has a divider panel that's perfect for growing dogs (so you'll have it forever) and a secure latch ensuring safety for you and your pet.
2. A flower drinking fountain for the cat who could use a little reminder (as we all could), that drinking H2O is essential. It's a great way to encourage cats to stay hydrated and they'll love it so much they'll prefer it to their water bowl.
3. A pet crate mat, because incentivizing your pet to use their crate and actually make it feel like an inviting space is as easy as laying down this cozy pad. It's super comfy and will make even the pickiest of pups fall asleep with ease, which is good because they're going to be using it every night for years to come.
4. A food storage container for the person who wants to keep their pet's food as fresh as possible for as long as possible. Plus, it comes with two tiers so it can be used to hold dry kibble and treats.
5. An elevated feeder so you can allow your pet to eat at their preferred height. This is a great option for furry friends with arthritis and even young and healthy pets as it'll help them maintain proper posture for better joint health later in life.
6. A professional stain and odor eliminator that will help you keep unsightly spots and stinky smells at bay. If your pet has an accident, this trusty deodorizer will be there to save the day.
7. A ball launcher toy for the dog who loves to run and play fetch. This provides great bonding time for you and your pup and since they'll never tire of it, you can use it for years to come.
8. A car seat cover, because there's never a bad time to ensure your pet's security. It creates a barrier to prevent your furry friend from climbing into the front seat while protecting your car seats from scratches, leaks, and slobber so you can go on road trips galore.
9. A pack of 10 Swiffer heavy duty pads so you can keep your house kempt and tidy. Pop one on your Swiffer to prevent pet dander and odors from taking control of your home.
10. An aquarium scrubber that will make the icky task of cleaning your fish task way less frustrating. It removes all the algae from the sides of the tank without scratching surfaces and gives you a reasonable distance from the gunk so you can work smarter, not harder.
11. A pack of natural waste bags for the person who considers poop-scooping the worst part of pet ownership. Unfortunately this doesn't eliminate the task, but it will keep icky smells at bay.
12. A cat windowsill bed, because your feline friends deserve just as much love and special treatment as your canines. They'll love looking out the window and having a cozy place to curl up so much that it'll become the only place you find them.
13. A pair of rubber dog booties so your pet can walk without getting their paws dirty. These are especially helpful if you live in a super cold environment or you're worried about your pet stepping on something dangerous. Since you likely walk your dog three times a day, this purchase will definitely pay off.
14. A cat scratcher toy that will provide a much needed respite for your furniture. It's a two-in-one scratching pad and a toy ball to provide your cat with maximum entertainment for hours every day.
15. A spray millet birdseed treat pack for the bird owner who loves to watch their pet pick away at their food. Birds arguably have the least fun food options of all pets, so why not treat them to something you know they'll love? Plus, they'll take quite a while to get through the whole bag.
16. A tub of scented nose and paw balm because sometimes your fur baby's toe beans need a little protection. It'll help keep dry cracked paws at bay and keep your pet feeling their best.
17. A Furminator brush so you can get to your dog's undercoat before they leave a trail of fur around the house. It'll make grooming a way more simple process by cutting out the middle man — say goodbye to the days of waiting for loose hair to fall as your pup sheds their winter coat.
18. A set of XL dog pads that are perfect for the pet who hasn't quite gotten the hang of this whole doing their business outside thing. No matter if it's used in the middle of the night when they can't get outside or if it's meant for puppies or older dogs that don't have full command over their bladders, these large absorbent pads really do the trick.
19. A chambray bed for the pet who likes to cuddle up and get some serious R&R. Giving your fuzzy friend a place to call their own is always a great idea and it's so well-constructed they'll use it forever.
20. A Kong chicken toy, because Kong toys are a tried and true solution to any pet who needs lots of stimulation. They're super durable so you'll have them forever and your pup will be glad to always have his favorite toy available.
21. An Arm & Hammer clumping litter so your cat can have the freshest litter possible. Its clumping capability makes for super easy clean up and it'll definitely mask the unpleasant odor that comes from the litterbox.
22. A fish teaser cat toy that will give you and your pet some much-needed bonding time. It's a great way to engage with them in a playful manner to get out their energy before it becomes the ~zoomies~.
23. A pack of scoop-free cat litter refills because there's no better way to keep your cat box clean and odorless than to clean it out frequently. These handy litter trays are small and easy to keep on hand, just slide them into your PetSafe self-cleaning box and you're good to go.
24. A pack of alfalfa hay so your pet can munch on their favorite treat and you won't have to worry about breaking the bank. It's a great thing to keep around since your little friend will never turn it away.
25. A jar of Meowijuana catnip that will help your cat mellow out. It's a great way to give your cat a little boost and help them relax. Plus, the jar is so big you won't have a shortage of supplies for a long time.
26. A set of cat grass for the cat who often gets an upset tummy. It's a great way to settle the system and to ensure your pet's teeth, gut, and whole being stay nice and healthy so you can enjoy each others company for many more years.
27. A deodorizing dog spray, because it'll make your pooch smell incredible! Plus, since they always seem to be getting dirty and knotted up, I'd say it's a staple every pet owner should have on hand.
Reviews in this post have been edited for length and/or clarity.