Over the years, the group has liberally used samples to create tracks. Their struggle to clear samples—along with some bad early career contracts—is one of the reasons that their albums have never been on iTunes
Today’s free giveaway is a way for De La Soul to bypass some of those legal copyright issues. By making the music available for just 25 hours, they’re also hoping to create some buzz around the industry and get fans pumped up for a new album they’re planning to release this summer.
4. “This is our way of showing them how much we love them.”
5. And the fans definitely appreciated the love…
10. Happy Valentine’s Day! Go collect that sweet, sweet love from De La Soul.
- The election is really, really over now: Jill Stein has dropped her Pennsylvania recount request, making Donald Trump the absolute winner.
- At least 9 are dead and 25 missing after a warehouse party fire in Oakland, CA. Dozens of fatalities are feared.
- Cuba prepares to bury Fidel Castro: his ashes arrived in Santiago Saturday, the city where he declared his socialist revolution victorious.
- This 23--year-old got her lost driver's license back in the mail along with a hilarious thank you note 📝😂