Over the years, the group has liberally used samples to create tracks. Their struggle to clear samples—along with some bad early career contracts—is one of the reasons that their albums have never been on iTunes
Today’s free giveaway is a way for De La Soul to bypass some of those legal copyright issues. By making the music available for just 25 hours, they’re also hoping to create some buzz around the industry and get fans pumped up for a new album they’re planning to release this summer.
4. “This is our way of showing them how much we love them.”
5. And the fans definitely appreciated the love…
10. Happy Valentine’s Day! Go collect that sweet, sweet love from De La Soul.
- The Trump administration wants to send immigrants caught at the southern US border to Mexico even if they're not from the country.
- Several states will keep enforcing bans against transgender discrimination in schools after Trump withdrew guidelines protecting students.
- Police arrested at least 10 people on Wednesday as they began clearing out protester camps at the Dakota Access Pipeline site.
- A couple recently celebrated their engagement with a "La La Land" inspired photo shoot, and it's pretty cute 💍📷