1. If you’ve ever been on Pinterest, you may be familiar with ombre hair, the transitional color from darker hair on top to a light, often bleached-blonde hair color on the bottom.
The lower half of the hair is bleached, which can result in a harsh changeover in the middle of the hair.
4. “Melting is a technique that blends the highlights with the base color of the hair so you don’t have any harsh lines,” George Papanikolas, Matrix StyleLink stylist, tells BuzzFeed Life.
It’s all about that soft gradation effect, regardless of whether you’re getting blonde highlights or pastel hair color.
- At least 38 people are dead and more than 160 hurt after explosions outside a stadium in Turkey, the country's interior minister said.
- Trump will reportedly pick ExxonMobil's CEO Rex Tillerson as secretary of state. He has a long history of oil deals with Russia.
- Gen. David Petraeus helped block the autopsy of an Afghan man who died mysteriously in US custody, emails show.
- "Saturday Night Live" revealed Donald Trump's newest pick to lead the Drug Enforcement Agency: Walter White.