South Koreans are radically altering their appearance at a shockingly young age to conform to more traditionally “Western” standards of beauty. Below, South Korean high school students explain this thinking in their own words.
2. What is beautiful to Koreans?
5. When asked why she thinks these traits are pretty:
6. Will you get plastic surgery?
8. Interviewer from off camera:
11. Why do you want a nose job?
15. How Koreans apply a special glue to give themselves a “double eyelid”:
19. Watch the entire mini-documentary on Korean high school students.
For those specifically interested in South Korean beauty standards, skip ahead to 5:45.
- DNC Day 3: President Obama dropped the mic with "Don't boo, vote," and vice presidential nominee Tim Kaine reminded people of their dads 👴
- French prosecutors have identified the second suspect in the priest killing in Normandy as 19-year-old Abdel Malik Petitjean.
- The U.S. Justice Department backed Obama's transgender policies in court after Texas and other states sued to block the rules.