South Koreans are radically altering their appearance at a shockingly young age to conform to more traditionally “Western” standards of beauty. Below, South Korean high school students explain this thinking in their own words.
2. What is beautiful to Koreans?
5. When asked why she thinks these traits are pretty:
6. Will you get plastic surgery?
8. Interviewer from off camera:
11. Why do you want a nose job?
15. How Koreans apply a special glue to give themselves a “double eyelid”:
19. Watch the entire mini-documentary on Korean high school students.
For those specifically interested in South Korean beauty standards, skip ahead to 5:45.
- Thursday's vote on the GOP health care bill in the House was postponed after it became clear too many Republicans opposed the Obamacare replacement.
- Democrats will try to block Trump's Supreme Court pick, Neil Gorsuch, setting the stage for Republicans to eliminate the judicial filibuster.
- The Republican chair of the House intel committee was forced to apologize after he made public statements about Trump surveillance without consulting anyone.
- The suspect in the London terror attack near Parliament, who was killed by police, has been identified as 52-year-old Khalid Masood.