1. This week, Lizzy Caplan appeared on Comedy Bang! Bang! to debate the age old question: “Can boys actually be funny?”
2. Here’s the complete transcript.
Scott Auckeman: So Lizzy, you have played so many complex, dynamic characters. Do you think Hollywood is in danger of having too many good roles for women?
Lizzy Caplan: I do. Sometimes I think, ‘Ladies we gotta slow it down here, let the boys have a shot.’
SA: Let them have their turn, you know?
LC: Yeah, boys can be funny.
SA: Eh, I don’t know. I’ve never found a boy funny.
LC: Well, I think boys can be funny, okay? I just think maybe they haven’t had the opportunity to be funny for as long as girls have.
SA: They were always raised to be like, ‘Oh, you look so handsome.’ It’s like they never need to be funny.
Reggie Watts: I just think it’s biological. Guys are not funny… because they’re just not.
SA: Their huge penises get in the way, I think.
LC: Yeah, they do get in the way.
SA: It’s like, ‘Ugh, come on. I’m trying to see if this guy’s funny.’
LC: I’m so distracted by your penis in your pants that I can’t focus on all the jokes you’re trying to tell.
3. Basically, sexism:
- Trump has named H.R. McMaster as his new National Security Adviser, replacing Michael Flynn, who resigned last week.
- Milo Yiannopoulos's book has been canceled after he was accused of defending pedophilia.
- Russian ambassador to the UN Vitaly Churkin has died after suffering from cardiac arrest this morning, a day before his 65th birthday.
- A girl's best friend showed up to her date in a fake mustache to spy on her and it is the definition of friendship goals 😎