1. This week, Lizzy Caplan appeared on Comedy Bang! Bang! to debate the age old question: “Can boys actually be funny?”
2. Here’s the complete transcript.
Scott Auckeman: So Lizzy, you have played so many complex, dynamic characters. Do you think Hollywood is in danger of having too many good roles for women?
Lizzy Caplan: I do. Sometimes I think, ‘Ladies we gotta slow it down here, let the boys have a shot.’
SA: Let them have their turn, you know?
LC: Yeah, boys can be funny.
SA: Eh, I don’t know. I’ve never found a boy funny.
LC: Well, I think boys can be funny, okay? I just think maybe they haven’t had the opportunity to be funny for as long as girls have.
SA: They were always raised to be like, ‘Oh, you look so handsome.’ It’s like they never need to be funny.
Reggie Watts: I just think it’s biological. Guys are not funny… because they’re just not.
SA: Their huge penises get in the way, I think.
LC: Yeah, they do get in the way.
SA: It’s like, ‘Ugh, come on. I’m trying to see if this guy’s funny.’
LC: I’m so distracted by your penis in your pants that I can’t focus on all the jokes you’re trying to tell.
3. Basically, sexism:
- The Dakota Access Pipeline will no longer cross the Standing Rock Sioux reservation, a major victory for protesters.
- The death toll from Oakland's warehouse party fire has risen to 30. "We're still not done," a police official said Friday afternoon.
- The far-right candidate in Austria's election has lost the presidential race in a defeat for the global populist movement.
- Instead of ornaments, a woman decorated her Christmas tree with paper angels honoring the biggest stars who died in 2016 🎄