3. Before being signed by EMI Latin, Selena y Los Dinos sold 80,000 copies of her albums in Texas alone.
This was the point at which Selena was forced to drop “Los Dinos” and go solo. The logo title was simply “Selena,” but her siblings still served as her band throughout the years.
5. She was often referred to as the “Mexican Madonna.”
6. Selena designed all her stage outfits.
7. She had the best collection of bustiers.
9. In that same year, her career got a big boost with the song “Como La Flor.”
11. Her album Selena Live! won Best Mexican-American Album at the 36th Grammy Awards.
13. Her signature song “Bidi Bidi Bom Bom” was originally not on the album.
But she played it at shows and everyone loved it. Obviously.
14. Amor Prohibido was nominated for Best Mexican-American Album at the 37th Grammy Awards.
21. At the peak of her career, she visited schools to talk to students about the importance of education.
22. She was a great role model and encouraged her fans to follow their dreams.
29. After her unfortunate passing on March 31, 1995, she got her own Texan holiday known as “Selena Day.”
30. Her Dreaming of You album debuted at No. 1 on the U.S. Billboard 200, making her the first Hispanic singer to accomplish this feat.
- Top Democrats are demanding House Intelligence Committee Chairman Devin Nunes remove himself from the investigation into Russian interference in the election.
- Over 18,000 households in Flint, Michigan, will receive new water lines, more than two years after dangerous levels of lead were found in the city's water supply.
- After Donald Trump and the Republicans spectacularly failed to repeal Obamacare, Wall Street now realizes that massive tax cuts may not happen 😅 💸
- Samsung announced plans to refurbish and sell some of the 4.3 million explosive Galaxy Note7 phones it recalled last year📱🔥