3. Before being signed by EMI Latin, Selena y Los Dinos sold 80,000 copies of her albums in Texas alone.
This was the point at which Selena was forced to drop “Los Dinos” and go solo. The logo title was simply “Selena,” but her siblings still served as her band throughout the years.
5. She was often referred to as the “Mexican Madonna.”
6. Selena designed all her stage outfits.
7. She had the best collection of bustiers.
9. In that same year, her career got a big boost with the song “Como La Flor.”
11. Her album Selena Live! won Best Mexican-American Album at the 36th Grammy Awards.
13. Her signature song “Bidi Bidi Bom Bom” was originally not on the album.
But she played it at shows and everyone loved it. Obviously.
14. Amor Prohibido was nominated for Best Mexican-American Album at the 37th Grammy Awards.
21. At the peak of her career, she visited schools to talk to students about the importance of education.
22. She was a great role model and encouraged her fans to follow their dreams.
29. After her unfortunate passing on March 31, 1995, she got her own Texan holiday known as “Selena Day.”
30. Her Dreaming of You album debuted at No. 1 on the U.S. Billboard 200, making her the first Hispanic singer to accomplish this feat.
- Fyre Festival — organized by Ja Rule and billed as a luxury event — has turned into a total shitshow and people are livid 💸😱
- We found about one false statement per day from Trump and his aides throughout the president's first 100 days in office 💯
- The new leader of Marine Le Pen's National Front party in France has stepped down amid accusations of Holocaust denial.
- Arkansas executed Kenneth Williams Thursday night — just days before one of the state's execution drugs expires.