Overnight oats are similar to oatmeal except thicker, fluffier, and served cold. You make them by soaking raw rolled oats in liquid — usually milk or soy milk — overnight in the fridge. A basic recipe for overnight oats is one part raw rolled oats and one part cold milk. But the flavor add-ins are limitless: For example, before they go in the fridge for the night, you can add yogurt, some chia seeds, half of a sliced banana, and a pinch of salt and cinnamon. (Kath Eats, the Internet's biggest fan of overnight oats, uses that recipe as her go-to). In the morning add your favorite nut butter, fruit, or nuts. Done! You could easily make this vegan or gluten-free by using different kinds of soy milk or gluten-free oats. Here are some recipes to try.
1. Blueberry Banana Overnight Oats
2. Strawberry Rhubarb Overnight Oats
3. Strawberry Banana Overnight Oats
4. Cherry Almond Overnight Oats
Instead of milk, this recipe calls for cherry juice and greek yogurt. Sounds like a winning combination. Recipe here.
5. Blueberry Lemon Overnight Oats
6. Cocoa Nib And Pomegranate Overnight Oats
7. Mango And Banana Overnight Oats
8. Overnight Oats With Coconut, Almond, And Cacao
9. Pumpkin Persimmon Overnight Oats
10. Green Monster Overnight Oats
11. Carrot Cake Overnight Oats
The only "cake" portion of this is the crumbled muffin on top. Otherwise it's just shredded carrot, maple syrup, and cinnamon. Find the recipe here.
12. Pumpkin Coconut Overnight Oats
13. Chocolate Cherry Overnight Oats
14. Chunky Monkey Overnight Oats
15. Chocolate Covered Strawberry Overnight Oats
16. Chocolate Cake Batter Overnight Oats
17. Chocolate Banana Overnight Oats
This recipe calls for chocolate protein powder, but you could probably skip it and add more chocolate.