Overnight oats are similar to oatmeal except thicker, fluffier, and served cold. You make them by soaking raw rolled oats in liquid — usually milk or soy milk — overnight in the fridge. A basic recipe for overnight oats is one part raw rolled oats and one part cold milk. But the flavor add-ins are limitless: For example, before they go in the fridge for the night, you can add yogurt, some chia seeds, half of a sliced banana, and a pinch of salt and cinnamon. (Kath Eats, the Internet's biggest fan of overnight oats, uses that recipe as her go-to). In the morning add your favorite nut butter, fruit, or nuts. Done! You could easily make this vegan or gluten-free by using different kinds of soy milk or gluten-free oats. Here are some recipes to try.
1. Blueberry Banana Overnight Oats
This recipe uses soy milk and greek yogurt. Recipe here.
2. Strawberry Rhubarb Overnight Oats
OMG fresh rhubarb and strawberry jam would be amazing with overnight oats. Recipe here.
3. Strawberry Banana Overnight Oats
Find the recipe on Pepper Lynn.
4. Cherry Almond Overnight Oats
Instead of milk, this recipe calls for cherry juice and greek yogurt. Sounds like a winning combination. Recipe here.
5. Blueberry Lemon Overnight Oats
6. Cocoa Nib And Pomegranate Overnight Oats
Delightful. Recipe here.
7. Mango And Banana Overnight Oats
8. Overnight Oats With Coconut, Almond, And Cacao
This recipe calls for both coconut milk AND shredded coconut. Recipe here.
9. Pumpkin Persimmon Overnight Oats
This would be perfect for the fall. Recipe here.
10. Green Monster Overnight Oats
For all you health nuts that like eating spinach before noon. Recipe here.
11. Carrot Cake Overnight Oats
The only "cake" portion of this is the crumbled muffin on top. Otherwise it's just shredded carrot, maple syrup, and cinnamon. Find the recipe here.
12. Pumpkin Coconut Overnight Oats
This would be great with a little maple syrup. Recipe here.
13. Chocolate Cherry Overnight Oats
You could have this one for dessert OR breakfast. Recipe here.
14. Chunky Monkey Overnight Oats
It doesn't get much better than peanut butter, chocolate, and banana. Recipe here.
15. Chocolate Covered Strawberry Overnight Oats
BONUS: the one has espresso in it. Recipe here.
16. Chocolate Cake Batter Overnight Oats
Put overnight oats in a fancy glass if you're feeling luxurious. Find the recipe on Oh She Glows.
17. Chocolate Banana Overnight Oats
This recipe calls for chocolate protein powder, but you could probably skip it and add more chocolate.
18. Pumpkin Pie Overnight Oats
Topped with coconut whipped cream! Recipe here.
19. Key Lime Pie Overnight Oats
Hello, beautiful. Recipe here.