2. The girls of The Baby-sitters Club dealt with an array of issues in the books, but Gavino has reimagined what they’d deal with in today’s world.
“Whenever I come across a trend that fascinates me, I can’t help but wonder how the BSC would react to it. Wouldn’t Claudia love Candy Crush?” Wouldn’t Mal be a rabid nerdfighter? What would Mary Anne’s Pinterest fails look like?” Gavino told BuzzFeed.
3. Gavino started making these covers because she enjoys seeing what other people’s ideas would be for the series.
“I also secretly wish this will compel Ann M. Martin to hire a ghostwriter (me! me! me!) to revive the series,” said Gavino.
- A Pennsylvania judge has ordered Bill Cosby to face trial for a felony sex-assault case from 2004.
- Twitter will no longer count links, @names, and GIFs toward its 140-character limit. You can also retweet yourself now.
- Greek police have begun clearing Europe's largest informal refugee camp on its border with Macedonia.