2. The girls of The Baby-sitters Club dealt with an array of issues in the books, but Gavino has reimagined what they’d deal with in today’s world.
“Whenever I come across a trend that fascinates me, I can’t help but wonder how the BSC would react to it. Wouldn’t Claudia love Candy Crush?” Wouldn’t Mal be a rabid nerdfighter? What would Mary Anne’s Pinterest fails look like?” Gavino told BuzzFeed.
3. Gavino started making these covers because she enjoys seeing what other people’s ideas would be for the series.
“I also secretly wish this will compel Ann M. Martin to hire a ghostwriter (me! me! me!) to revive the series,” said Gavino.
- One of the nation's top legal groups is seeking a wide array of records from four federal agencies to challenge Trump's potential business conflicts.
- Notorious Mexican drug lord Joaquín "El Chapo" Guzmán has been extradited to the United States to face multiple charges.
- The turnout at Trump's inaugural concert was much smaller compared to the crowd that showed up for Obama's 2009 celebration.
- Gingers rejoice! A redhead emoji may be coming your way soon 🙌