1. Expectations are always too high.
2. Your parents are cheap...real cheap.
3. You're too American.
4. Your parents would lie about your age at a buffet.
5. Your dishwasher is used as a drying rack.
6. You have an instant connection with other kids with immigrant parents.
7. Teaching is not a two-way street.
8. Your parents don't "believe" in sleepovers.
9. It is a shocker to your friends when they find out you were born in America.
10. Absolutely no shoes in the house.
11. NO DATING ALLOWED
12. Asking your parents for permission to hang out with your friends left you in a state of confusion.
13. You would rake in all the cash from your family on your birthday, holidays, and family gatherings.
14. Strict parents were an understatement.
15. Your home is like a cultural art museum.
16. You were your parents' 24/7 on-call tech support.
17. Your parents always use tales of their struggles to remind you about how privileged you are.
18. But, your parents worked hard to allow you to live comfortably.
This post was created by a member of BuzzFeed Community, where anyone can post awesome lists and creations. Learn more or post your buzz!