26 Things You've Realised As A European Travelling Australia
I don't know about you, but I'm feeling true blue.
1. You're actually OK with walking around in flip flops now.
2. Or worse, barefoot.
3. A drink on the beach can clear your mind better than anything else.
4. Especially at sunset.
5. That being said, you can't stand crammed beaches anymore.
6. A six-hour flight becomes a walk in the park.
7. So you appreciate how lucky you are to live on a continent where you can travel to each country in just a couple of hours.
8. You actually... start caring more about your fitness.
9. You gotta start your day with Vegemite and avocado toast.
10. Seeing kangaroos is not that big of a deal anymore.
11. Driving for four hours straight isn't as daunting as it used to be.
12. But you now understand the value of a good road trip playlist.
13. And having the right road trip partners.
14. You realise how exhausting city life can be.
15. And how slow life in rural towns can be.
16. You've fully substituted saying "I think" with "I reckon".
17. You gain a deeper respect for the history of other countries and the indigenous cultures.
18. You're more appreciative of nature and its beauty.
19. And how powerful it can be.
20. You're not as bothered by bugs as you used to be.
21. You start getting an idea of how many species of animals there actually are.
22. You learn to conquer your fears...
23. And just be more adventurous!
24. Packing for your flight back home looks like this.
25. As you start heading home, you begin planning your next trip…
26. ...because there's just too much unexplored land out there!
Travel was provided by Tourism Australia. BuzzFeed writers do not guarantee coverage.