1. First of all, being close to your kid’s age means you understand what they go through day-to-day, so you can actually be their friend.
2. And because of that, you can relate to them and their world — whether it be through music, slang, or just experiences.
3. You secretly (or maybe not-so-secretly) love when people think your kids are your siblings.
4. Because you're pals, your kids feel comfortable coming to you with personal issues. You can talk about everything from video games to crushes.
6. Your kids give your life even more purpose at a time when you might otherwise be confused about your future.
7. And your child inspires you to be an even better version of yourself than you thought you could ever be.
8. When your babies have kids, you know you’ll be a cool, young grandparent.
9. And you’ll have even more stamina to take your grandkids to do seriously fun stuff — like vacations and theme parks. More like rad-parent.
10. You can grow alongside your child and learn...
11. And your child can learn from you as you make mistakes and grow as well!
12. You never really knew what it was like to have ~adult freedom~, so you really can't miss it all that much.
13. When your kids leave for college, you can spend the next 50 years focusing on traveling and relaxing.
14. When they reach a certain age, you can totally wear each other's clothes.
15. When you have a kid young, that means more years left in your life to love your baby that much longer.
16. And though being a young parent can be tough, it can also be incredibly rewarding because it can help you discover yourself in ways that weren’t possible until you had a child.
Note: Submissions have been edited for length and/or clarity.