Vegetarian eating isn’t for everyone, but if you’re trying to eat less meat OR you’re going meatless for the long haul, getting enough protein is super important.
Of course, how much protein you need differs from person to person depending on your size, activity level, and whatever your health and fitness goals might be. For these meals, we aimed for at least 15 grams as a good place to start when you’re cutting meat (aka a big source of protein) out of your diet.
Also worth noting is that the 400-calorie limit here is mostly arbitrary: The goal is to show that you can be mindful about portion sizes, if that’s your thing, but still get the protein you need to function and feel good. You can figure out how many calories you actually need throughout the day here.
6. Roasted Fennel, Asparagus, and Red Onions with Parmesan and Hard-Boiled Eggs
This one is a little over, at 446 calories, but with the 33.5 grams of protein it packs, it’s worth it.
The recipe for #6 is called Roasted Fennel, Asparagus, and Red Onions with Parmesan and Hard-Boiled Eggs. The original post misstated the recipe name.
- Russian ambassador to the UN Vitaly Churkin has died after suffering from cardiac arrest this morning, a day before his 65th birthday.
- Donald Trump said that his comments about Sweden were referring to a Fox News segment, not an actual incident in the country 🇸🇪🙃
- Senator Ron Wyden will soon introduce legislation requiring warrants before phones can be searched at the US border.
- The CEO of Uber is investigating sexism and sexual harassment claims after a former employee said her reports were ignored.