12 Genius Tips To Deal With People With Huge Egos
Oh, OK, we're still talking about you. Cool...
Dealing with people with huge egos can be so frustrating.
Even having a simple conversation can leave you feeling like:
1. Parrot their words back to them so you don't get stuck in a conversation forever.
2. Cut uncertain phrases from your vocabulary.
3. Talk facts, not emotions, if you want a narcissist to see your side of things.
4. That said, if they can't even agree with you on basic facts, it's not worth trying to argue with them.
5. Don't be afraid to be a little bit rude.
Yes, in general, you're going to want to keep it polite and classy. But if you're at the end of your rope or the person crossed the line, be honest and to the point, says Fee. Address a belittling comment by saying, "That was rude," or cut an offensive rant short with, "That's an interesting point of view." Then turn your back and talk to someone else.