1. J.Crew Ludlow suit in Irish linen, $456
J.Crew's Ludlow silhouette has become the go-to for young professionals. This lightweight linen version is perfect for working through summer heat.
2. Suit Supply Napoli in plain blue, $399
Suit Supply's Napoli fit is the perfect starter suit. A slightly padded shoulder and traditional button-stance (slightly above your natural waist) give a fitted but not-too-slim silhouette to a variety of body types.
For a slim wool-blend suit you really aren't going to find a better price than H&M.
4. John Varvatos Star USA wool suit, $380.
Nordstrom Rack is a great place to find designer suits for a deal, though limited sizes are available.
5. Topman New Fit Slim Fit suit, $250
Not every suit jacket needs to taper at the waist. Go with a boxier jacket like this one for a style that's a bit more new-wave.
6. Zara micro herringbone double-breasted suit, $298
A double-breasted suit doesn't have to be old-fashioned, as Zara shows us here with the laid back styling.
7. Ike Behard notch lapel suit, $280
Another banger from Nordstrom Rack, the styling in this particular image shows how a turtleneck can be a great alternative to a button-up with a suit.
8. Boss Hugo Boss check-plaid suit, $497
If it's your first suit, you probably want to go with a solid navy or grey. But if you've got those bases covered, start looking at bolder options like plaids and pinstripes.