2. And so I Only Want You To Love Me is filled with suitably porcelain-skinned caricatures. Rich white women lying on nice carpets, for example.
3. Rich women eating caviar faux-seductively.
4. Rich white women appearing on Extreme Couponers
“This week my local supermarket has baked beans on sale at $1.49 and I have a coupon for $1.50 off so I’m going to buy 600 tins and then throw them all away because I don’t even know what baked beans are.”
5. Rich white women lighting their cigarettes from the oven.
Wait, shouldn’t there be a maid handy to do this sort of thing?
6. Rich white women eating steak tartare.
7. And rich white (topless) women eating oysters.
8. A gallery show in New York by the same name features more of Aldridge’s whitewashed work.
Of the one discordant image featuring in the exhibition (pictured above), Aldridge explains, “I didn’t set out to shoot a “fat” girl because I thought that would be funny. I was aware that Fellini had done some amazing images with large women and I thought that was something I could try.
“By having a large person, somebody who’s outside of this typical demographic, then I start saying something about being a large person. Do you see my point? I’m not interested in saying that Felicity is questioning her largeness, I’m interested in the world.”
The world of rich white women, yes.
9. Aldridge’s aesthetic extends uniformly beyond his new book.
There are hundreds of his photos showcased in the “Editorials” section of his website. None feature models of color.
12. White women at the White House
From The New York Times Magazine, 2007.
16. In conclusion, another Aldridge quote: “The world is fucked, what a mess. But I don’t feel responsible and I don’t want to change it.”
- Top Democrats are demanding House Intelligence Committee Chairman Devin Nunes remove himself from the investigation into Russian interference in the election.
- President Trump will sign an executive order on Tuesday stopping the EPA's plan to limit power plants burning coal.
- The mayor of London has urged politicians in the European Union not to "punish" Britain for the decision to leave the European Union, stating a "bad Brexit" would hurt the EU too.
- Samsung announced plans to refurbish and sell some of the 4.3 million explosive Galaxy Note7 phones it recalled last year📱🔥