1. It has been roughly a month since Turbo, a Chihuahua with a birth defect, was surrendered to The Downtown Veterinarian in Indianapolis.
2. He made headlines when Amy Birk and her team managed to build the two legged puppy a cart made entirely out of toys.
3. Turbo has grown substantially since then, and he’s outgrown his old digs. (No, this motorcycle is not his new cart)
4. The newest cart was designed by Mark Deadrick, the president of 3dyn, a company whose “specialty is in the design and fabrication of advanced composite structures.” WRTV interviewed the president of 3dyn, and he said:
“We have capabilities to make just about anything, but we lean toward things that we find interesting… I just did some thumbnail measurements from photos and spent about 20 minutes designing a cart, hit print on one of our 3D printers and let it run for 4 hours. I figured some inline wheels would have the least amount of resistance and would be easily obtained, so a trip to the sporting goods store was probably the most time consuming part.”
5. Here’s Turbo with his new cart, looking handsome.
6. Check him out in action.
7. Turbo has also since been adopted by his veterinary technician Ashely Looper.
8. At his new home, Turbo has a brother named Navin. Here they are playing together.
9. Everything’s coming up Turbo!
OOPS: This post originally stated that the news station KERO interviewed Mark Deadrick. It was, in actuality, WRTV in Indianapolis that conducted the interview.
- Hidden from public view, there's a parallel legal universe that empowers corporations to bend countries to their will, an investigation reveals.
- Mexican music legend Juan Gabriel has died at 66. The singer was known for his mariachi tunes and ballads on love and heartbreak.
- Beyoncé slayed her "Lemonade" performance at the MTV VMAs Sunday night 👸🐝