1. No matter how tightly your home is locked up, you’ll imagine some scenario in which your pet escapes.
2. Not to mention the countless other things that could go wrong when you leave them alone.
3. You’ve definitely had to fortify your furniture with stylish-looking coverings.
4. Clearly, going on vacation isn’t even an option unless you can take your pet with you.
5. But if you absolutely MUST leave your pet at home, you leave them with a most trusted friend.
Who is completely sick of answering your calls every time you check in, which is all the time.
8. And you know the weight of your pet right down to the pound.
Any deviation and you alter their diets accordingly.
10. And if you own any plants, you’ve had to find ones that are pet-friendly.
Some, as you may or may not know, are toxic, such as this English ivy.
11. You have the closest emergency vet on speed dial.
12. And for the tiniest scratch, you’ve been to the regular vet AT LEAST once.
You have zero regrets about it.
13. As a result, you and your veterinarian are on a first-name basis.
14. There are more animal toys lying around your home than, say, anything else at all.
16. And a literal library of pet care books and manuals.
17. If your pet sleeps anywhere but right next to you at night, you worry that something might be amiss…
In reality they’re like, “Lemme breathe, damn.”
18. …even if they’re sleeping in that expensive new bed you bought just for them.
19. You spend more money on grooming your pet than you do on yourself.
20. If you don’t, you’ve learned to groom them yourself, from hair care to nail clipping.
22. And of course, how much you’re missing them.
- More than 100 people are reportedly injured after a commuter train crashed into a New Jersey Transit station in Hoboken on Thursday morning.
- Fans of Donald Trump say Bill Clinton's past indiscretions are fair game at the next debate.
- Asos workers at the heart of its global retail empire say they're being treated like machines to deliver fast fashion.