Chili Dog Bread Ring
Here's a video that shows you how to make it:
INGREDIENTS (for a 10-inch skillet)
12 hot dogs
2-3 packages crescent roll dough
1 small onion, diced
1 pound ground beef
½ teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon pepper
½ cup tomato sauce
½ cup ketchup
½ teaspoon cumin
2 teaspoon chili powder
½ teaspoon sugar
½ cup shredded cheddar cheese
¼ cup finely sliced green onion
1. Preheat oven to 375ºF/190ºC.
2. Cut hot dogs into thirds.
3. Cut crescent roll triangles in half lengthwise so you have roughly 1-inch by 5-inch triangle slices.
4. Roll crescent dough around hot dog thirds, starting with the wider end of the dough closest to the hot dogs, making “pigs in blankets.”
5. Arrange pigs in blankets around a 10-inch skillet in two tight circles, leaving a hole in the center of the skillet.
6. Bake 15-20 minutes, until dough puffs up and becomes golden.
7. In another large skillet, sauté onions until translucent.
8. Add the ground beef to the onions, then season with salt and pepper.
9. Continue stirring ground beef until mostly cooked.
10. Add the tomato sauce, ketchup, cumin, chili powder, and sugar to the ground beef and onions. Stir until everything is well mixed. Simmer 10 minutes.
11. When chili and the pigs-in-blankets skillet are both ready, spoon chili to fill the hole in center of the skillet. Top with shredded cheddar cheese and bake another 12. 5-10 minutes until cheese is well melted.
13. Top with diced green onion before serving.