1. Oh, what’s that? A bunch of actresses swanning about in gowns on a red carpet?
The odds of actresses wearing anything interesting on a red carpet are generally pretty slim. But let’s just humor ourselves and zoom in on this trinity of Les Mis-ies.
2. Why, there’s something ragingly weird about all of these dresses!
Let’s examine each one individually.
3. First: Anne Hathaway.
Weird outfit elements: The batwing sleeves; the dotted lines running up and down the dress, making her look like a kid’s crafting project.
5. Next: Amanda Seyfried.
Weird outfit elements: Large, floppy asymmetrical ruffles that fight for attention with her plunging neckline and cleavage; overall feeling of a Hostess cupcake homage.
7. And finally: Samantha Barks.
Weird Outfit Elements: The mesh-filled cutouts that are awkwardly curved and extended at the sides all the way up to her armpits. On the other hand, this shows off a green juice–honed six pack without revealing an unsightly belly button, should she have one.
Her dress is by Stella McCartney and doesn’t appear to be a runway look (if I’m wrong, post the photo in comments!).
But anyway, as you can see, these three actresses fought a pretty major battle for red-carpet fashion cred and overall attention.
8. So, who looked the weirdest/like they tried the hardest?
I’m going with Anne, but feel free to dispute me in the comments!
- The Democratic National Committee on Monday apologized for remarks sent over email criticizing the Bernie Sanders campaign 🇺🇸
- At least 19 people died and 20 others were injured in a knife attack at a facility for the disabled near Tokyo, Japan.
- The Solar Impulse 2 completed its first round-the-world flight after landing in Abu Dhabi ☀️