It’s yoga — of the face! So instead of working out your body the way you do in most yoga classes, you work out your face. Because when it’s all over you’re supposed to look like you’ve just gotten a face lift. Just like how your butt looks like it’s two inches higher on your body after you do two dozen lunges. (Ha ha no.)
BuzzFeed Fashion was unable to independently confirm whether or not most of the people doing facial yoga “need” face lifts. However, VFiles bravely went INSIDE the bizarre fitness fad to film fashion model Xiao Wen Ju’s facial yoga routine. It should be noted that the adorable model is 20 but can easily pass for at least six years younger than that. Is that because of facial yoga? Who can say! But if you want to get in on the craze that could very well knock zumba on its ass, know that it apparently involves an instructor, sun salutations, and savasana, just like regular yoga. The only real difference is that all the things that suck about regular yoga get replaced with facial acrobatics that don’t look so bad at all.
This is how it works.
8. And the finale: a fish face.
Finish with a sun salutation and savasana, use your newly taut visage to get on a Bravo show, and repeat the entire facial yoga process from the beginning.
9. Here’s a video of the entire process.
- Hillary Clinton has officially accepted the Democratic party's presidential nomination with some fiery words for Donald Trump 🇺🇸
- Old-school MTV is returning Aug. 1 with shows like "Daria," "Beavis & Butt-Head," "Cribs," and "Punk'd" 📺 🙌
- And do you know what happened in the news this week? Take our quiz 💯